Chapter 32 (Year 4)

Charlotte sat alone in the library trying to study for potions, her worst subject. All her friends were busying doing their work, while Draco was in detention with Professor Flitwick. She spotted Pansy and some other Slytherin girls who had walked in and sat rather close to her.

"I don't know why Draco keeps going hanging out with her. She's rather ugly, isn't she?" She heard Pansy whisper, looking over at Charlotte, wanting her to know that they were talking about her.

Charlotte rolled her eyes and turned to the next page in her book. She had been called far worse by people when she was in the foster system.

"Draco should look at someone like you, you are much prettier." Her friend said.

"I know!" Pansy's annoying voice said.

"I tried to get Draco to talk to me last night about her, but he shut me down quickly. You think she could have him under a love potion?" Pansy asked,

"No, she's not that smart." Her friend said.

"Where did she go for thirteen years? I mean, are we all supposed to not question how she just arrived out of nowhere?" Pansy asked, as Lavender and Parvati walked up to Charlotte, and sat down.

"Sorry we took long, Charlotte. We had to speak to McGonagall," Parvati said, and Charlotte nodded.

"It's fine." She said, coldly.

"Is everything alright Charlotte?" Lavender asked, concerned.

"Yes, I'm sorry, it's just Pansy keeps talking really loudly about me." She said, annoyed.

"She did what?" Parvati said as she glared at Pansy.

"I'll kill her," Lavender said,

"Let's just ignore her," Charlotte whispered, trying her best to keep her temper in control.

"I think she was too much of a freak, so her parents sent her away."

"I think her parents didn't love her enough. I mean, her brother is Harry Potter. Who would want to keep her instead of him?" Pansy said. Charlotte's quill snapped in her hands.

"Charlotte calms down, just ignore it," Parvati said, not wanting Charlotte to get in trouble.

"Oh, I definitely think you're right. Her parents just don't love her. I mean, what does she expect? Her Mum's a mud blood and her dad's a blood traitor," Pansy laughed, loudly, glancing over at Charlotte.

Before anyone or Charlotte knew what she was doing, she walked up to Pansy, grabbed her by the collar, and forced her up from her chair.

"What are you doing!" Pansy shrieked,

"This!" Charlotte shouted, before punching Pansy on the nose. Pansy screamed as Charlotte let her go and Pansy shank to the floor holding her bloody nose, Madam Pince came over.

"Out! What happened to your nose!" She shouted at Pansy, whose nose was dripping with blood.

"She punched me!" Pansy said as Charlotte winced at the pain in her hands.

"Well, obviously, you hurt my hand. I think you should be punished for it." She said, showing Pansy her bruised knuckles. Parvati and Lavender started laughing behind Charlotte.

"BOTH OF YOU TO PROFESSOR MCGONAGALL'S OFFICE NOW!" Madam Pince shouted, following them out and all the way to Professor McGonagall's office, Pansy's nose bleeding so much it was staining her shirt.

"What is going on?" Professor McGonagall asked after Madam Pince knocked on the door very hard.

"These two got into a fight in the library! Never in all my years have I been as angry as I have been now!"

"I'll handle this thank you Madam Pince," McGonagall said, ushering Pansy and Charlotte into her office and shutting the door.

"Will one of care to explain what happened?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"She punched me!" Pansy said as Charlotte glared at her shoes.

"Why did you punch her?"

"She pissed me off."

"Why?"

"Parkinson forgot to mention she was talking badly, in a very loud voice, about me and my family."

"Is this true, Parkinson?"

"Not at all," Pansy said, in a very sweet fake voice.

"She's lying!"

"I have heard enough. Both of you are to serve detention tomorrow night. Twenty points each from Gryffindor and Slytherin."

"But I was attacked," Pansy said,

"I don't want to hear it! Both of you head to the nurse's office." McGonagall said, looking at Charlotte's bruised hand, and Pansy's nose.