Chapter 21 (Year 4)

"Harry, you go first," Lily said, as they reached platform 9 3/4. Harry nodded and ran through the platform. Charlotte ran through the barrier after him and managed not to crash into anyone this year.

"I can't wait for you to see what's going on this year. It's going to be so exciting," James said once they entered.

"Merlin, if I were your age, I would do it in a heartbeat. And I would get picked, of course." Lily rolled her eyes and laughed...

"Sure you would, but I would get picked instead."

"That's not true! I would be!"

"No,"

"What is going on this year?" Harry asked. Charlotte said nothing as her parents shook their heads at him.

"We told you, Harry, we can't tell you," Lily said,

"Then why would you say anything in the first place?" Harry signed as the train's horn blew.

"You two have to go."

"But you didn't tell us-"

"Remember to owl us! And Harry, don't do anything stupid this year!" James yelled.

"Dad, I never do anything stupid." Harry shook his head.

"Charlotte, stay away from boys!" James yelled loudly.

"Dad!" Charlotte hissed as some fifth-year boys that were walking past started laughing. Charlotte hid her face with her hands as James threw his head back, laughing.

"James," Lily hissed, biting her lip not to laugh.

"Have a good year," Lily laughed, as they hugged Charlotte and Harry, and waved goodbye.

Charlotte and Harry got on the train, and Harry went to find Hermione and Ron. Charlotte looked in each compartment, trying to find Lavender and Parvati.

Finally, she found them in a compartment in the middle of the train. She opened the compartment and Lavender gasped as she and Parvati stood up to hug Charlotte.

"Charlotte! Oh, thank merlin! We're was worried!" She said, before pulling away and smacking Charlotte on the arm.

"Why didn't you owl us?" Parvati asked

"What are you two talking about?" Charlotte asked,

"The quidditch world cup! You told us you were going there, and then we heard nothing from you for after that." Lavender hissed.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I completely forgot. Everything got so hectic after that, we stayed with the Weasleys."

The three of them sat down as the train started, talking about their summers as if they hadn't owled every single day, anyway.

---

"Charlotte, slow down!" Lavender shouted, as Charlotte grabbed their arms and ran to the castle. They had gotten off the train, gotten even more soaked in the carriages, but Charlotte knew that Peeves was coming.

"He's going to throw water balloons at us!" Charlotte said as Lavender pulled her hand out of her grasp.

"Who?"

"Me!" Peeves shouted as he dropped three large water balloons on their heads and flew away, giggling.

"Ugh! Damn it!" Charlotte shouted as Draco passed and laughed loudly, as he walked to his seat.

"How did you- "Parvati asked, but Charlotte cut her off.

"No time for that. We should go sit."

The three of them walked to their seats, their hair still dripping wet, and sat down in their seats.

---

After the sorting ceremony, a man was standing by the door. He had long grey hair, with scars all over his face, the tip of his nose was missing. He had one small eye, while the other one was a bright blue that moved all over the great hall. Charlotte saw it land on her before moving quickly away.

"Who is that?" Lavender said, looking at him nervously.

"Mad-eye Moody," Charlotte said,

"Why does he look like that?" Parvati whispered, averting his eyes from his face, as he walked up to Dumbledore and shook his hand.

"May I introduce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher? Professor Moody." Dumbledore said. The fake Moody sat down and took a drink from his flask.

"As I was saying, we are to have the honor of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event that has not been held for over a century. It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year."

"You're joking!" Fred shouted. The whole room, who had been staring at Moody, started laughing.

"I am not joking, Mr. Weasley, though now that you mention it, I did hear an excellent one over the summer about a troll, a hag, and a leprechaun who all go into a bar- "Professor McGonagall cleared her throat loudly.

"Er - but maybe this is not the time.. no..." said Dumbledore, "where was I? Ah yes, the Triwizard Tournament... well, some of you will not know what this tournament involves, so I hope those who do know will forgive me for giving a short explanation, and allow their attention to wander freely."

Dumbledore went on to explain the Triwizard Tournament, which Charlotte zoned out on. She had read this part more times than she could count and probably explain it better than Dumbledore if she tried.

"The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving in October and remaining with us for the greater part of this year. I know that you will all extend every courtesy to our foreign guests while they are with us, and will give your whole-hearted support to the Hogwarts champion when he or she is selected. And now, it is late, and I know how important it is to you all to be alert and rested as you enter your lessons tomorrow morning. Bedtime! Chop chop!"

A/N- Sorry it's a little shorter.