Chapter 78

Draco walked behind his parents in his father's office. He didn't like his father's office. It scared him when he was a child, and now it just annoyed him. The shelves were lined with history books about Muggles that were inaccurate, now that Charlotte had explained it all to him.

"Sit," His father said, pointing to the couch. Draco wanted to do anything but sit, he wanted to room and get Charlotte out of the cellar, and kill his aunt, but he sat anyway.

"What is going on with you? You never acted like this before with the other prisoners!" Lucius asked.

"I don't want to talk about this right now. I need to go," Draco yelled,

"Draco, just tell us! We won't be mad." Narcissa said Draco rested his elbows on his hands, covering his face.

"You won't understand!" Narcissa sat next to Draco, putting her hand on Draco's shoulder.

"Calm down, you're shaking."

"Nothing, I want to go to sleep," Draco said,

"It's not nothing! You are hiding something! I know you're hiding something!" Lucius yelled.

"Fine! I love her." Draco said,

"Potter?" Narcissa asked.

"Charlotte, yeah," Draco said, sitting up, seeing his parent's horrified expressions.

"You can't!" Narcissa shouted,

"She's a half-blood! A fifthly half-blood!" Lucius shouted.

"Don't call her that!" Draco shouted.

"I can because that's what she is! You don't love her!" Lucius shouted, slamming his hand on the desk. Draco stood up, glaring at his father.

"No! I've done everything for you! I became a death eater! I tried to kill Dumbledore! Did you ever think I was actually okay with doing that? I let death eaters into Hogwarts! So, I don't care if you hate her or me for it! I love her and she loves me!"

"Draco, you will grow out of this. It's just- "Narcissa said, as she stood up, grabbing Draco's arm.

"This isn't some half-blood phase Mum! She's my everything!" Draco shouted before he stormed out.

"Draco! You listen to me! You stay away from Charlotte Potter! I will make sure!" Lucius shouted as the door slammed shut.

---

Draco walked down to the cellar after grabbing some clothes for Charlotte. It was so dark that Draco could barely see the stairs.

"Charlotte," Draco said, as he walked up to the bars.

"Draco," Charlotte called, walking up to the door. Draco unlocked the door, before rushing to Charlotte, who he noticed looked like she had been crying. Draco hesitated. He wanted to hug her, but Charlotte wrapped her arms around his stomach, resting her forehead against his chest. Mr. Ollivander watched them with interest from the corner of the room.

"I didn't know they were going to take you! I would have sent you something. I would have warned you! What they did to you, I'm sorry! I tried to stop it but my dad-"

"It's okay,"

"It's not okay! I'm your boyfriend! I'm a death eater for merlin's shake! I should've known!" Draco signed.

"I'm taking you upstairs. You're not staying down here." Draco said, Charlotte shook her head.

"No, you'll get in trouble."

"Am I supposed to leave you here?"

"Yes!" Charlotte said.

"No!" Draco shouted, grabbing her arm, and trying to pull Charlotte out of the cellar.

"Draco! This isn't Hogwarts where I can just sneak out of your dorm room before everyone else wakes up! Voldemort is living in your house! Death eaters live in your house! Bellatrix wants me dead! Your parents are here! I don't think you can sneak me out again."

"I don't care-"

"I do!" Charlotte said, digging her heels into the ground. Draco signed, remembering the clothes in his hand.

"Here, I brought you some clothes. I knew you wouldn't want to stay in that dress all day. It's my pajamas from two or three years back. I figured they would fit. I also found some socks." Draco signed as he handed Charlotte the clothes.

"Thank you," Charlotte said. Draco looked over at Mr. Ollivander, who turned around. He had been openly staring at them, listening to every piece of the conversation, letting Charlotte have some privacy.

Charlotte stripped off her dress, which was so sweaty it clung to her skin. She changed into Draco's pajamas; the shirt being a little big.

"I can sneak you out," Draco suggested, as she finished.

"They will find me again. It's no point. Voldemort wants me here, so I will stay. I don't know where the other order members are at this moment. Where would I go? I don't even have my wand. I lost it during the battle." Draco shook his head signing.

"I thought you knew everything."

"I know everything about Harry. I know where Harry is. I don't know where they are." Charlotte said.

"Draco, I need you to do something for me," Charlotte said,

"What? Anything."

"Send a letter to my parents. I need them to know."

"Know what?"

"Draco!" He heard his father yell.

"Get up here now!"

"I'll tell you later. Go." Charlotte said, Draco looking very annoyed, nodded, and kissed Charlotte on the forehead, before walking out the room, shutting the door behind him, and running upstairs. Charlotte sat back down next to Mr. Ollivander.

"It's going to be very interesting with you, Ms. Potter."