Chapter 88

The room of requirements was now thinning. Several people had arrived and now were starting to head out to the castle. Everyone was now here, including Percy Weasley, who admitted he was a real idiot to his family.

"... evacuation will be overseen by Mr. Filch and Madame Pomfrey. Prefects, when I give the word, you will organize your House and take your charges in an orderly fashion to the evacuation point." Professor McGonagall said in the Great Hall. The crowd looked terrified.

"And what if we want to stay and fight?" Ernie Macmillan yelled, standing up from the Hufflepuff table. There was a loud round of applause.

"If you are of age, you may stay." Professor McGonagall said.

"What about our things?" A girl from the Ravenclaw table asked.

"Our trunks, our owls?"

"We have no time to collect possessions. The important thing is to get you out of here safely."

"Where's Professor Snape?" A Slytherin girl asked.

"He has, to use the common phrase, done a bunk." Professor McGonagall said.

"More like was thrown out on his ass," James said, there were cheers from all the tables except the Slytherin table, as he watched Harry walking through the tables, looking for Ron and Hermione.

"We have already placed protection around the castle," Professor McGonagall said.

"But it is unlikely to hold for very long unless we reinforce it. I must ask you, therefore, to move quickly and calmly, and do as your prefects - "But she was interrupted as a cold, high voice filled the great hall.

"I know that you are preparing to fight." There were screams amongst the students, Charlotte felt Draco squeeze her hand.

"Your efforts are futile. You cannot fight me. I do not want to kill you. I have great respect for the teachers of Hogwarts. I do not want to spill magical blood." There was silence in the hall, Charlotte thought no one was able to breathe as they heard Voldemort's voice.

"Give me Harry Potter," said Voldemort.

"And they shall not be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave the school untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded."

"You have until Midnight." They all turned to look at Harry who stood in the middle of the hall, still searching for Ron and Hermione.

"But he's there! Potter's there! Someone grab him!" Pansy Parkinson yelled, pointing at Harry. Then the Gryffindor stood up and stood in front of Harry, then the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws stood at the same time and stood in front of Harry, all pulling out their wands and pointing them at the Slytherins.

"Thank you, Miss Parkinson," said Professor McGonagall.

"You will leave the Hall first with Mr. Filch. If the rest of your House could follow." Charlotte watched as the Slytherins all stood up and followed Mr. Filch out, some throwing death glares at Draco, who shrugged in response.

The underaged students were then ushered out, Charlotte walked to Professor McGonagall as she was ushering the Gryffindors out.

"Professor McGonagall," Charlotte said.

"Yes, Ms. Potter?"

"Colin Creevy, he's going to try to escape. He's going to" Professor McGonagall quickly understood what Charlotte meant.

"Mr. Creevey." Professor McGonagall called, Colin turned around. Professor McGonagall flicked her wand, and two handcuffs were placed on his hands.

"What the hell-"

"Mr. Creevey, the other Mr. Creevey." Professor McGonagall said, Dennis turned around.

"Yes, Professor?" He asked.

"Take your brother's wand and make sure he doesn't sneak back okay?" She asked.

"Yes, Professor McGonagall." He said, grabbing Colin by the cuffs and dragging him along with the rest of the underage kids walking to the trains.

"I'm sixteen! I should be able to fight!" Colin shouted as Charlotte walked back to Kingsley.

"We've only got half an half an hour until midnight, so we need to act fast. A battle plan has been agreed between the teachers of Hogwarts and the Order of the Phoenix. Professors Flitwick, Sprout, and McGonagall are going to take groups of fighters up to the three highest towers - Ravenclaw, Astronomy, and Gryffindor - where they'll have a good overview, excellent positions from which to work spells. Meanwhile Remus-" pointing at Lupin.

"Arthur" He pointed toward Mr. Weasley, sitting at the Gryffindor table -

"And I will take groups on the grounds. We'll need somebody to organize the defense of the entrances or the passageways into the school -"

"That looks like a job for us!" Fred shouted, pointing to himself and George.

"I can help! And Lavender can help!" Charlotte shouted quickly, she didn't want Fred or Lavender out of her sight.

"You want to help?" Fred asked surprised.

"Yes, I just need to speak to Draco." She said,

"We'll wait, as you say your lovely Dovey goodbye." George teased. Charlotte rolled her eyes.

"Shut up," She laughed before running to Draco.

"Draco." Charlotte breathed, as he turned around.

"Yes, Lottie?" He asked, grabbing her hands, that he noticed were shaking slightly.

"I need you to watch out for my parents. Please, I have to watch out for Lavender and Fred and I need you to watch out for my family." She said, he nodded.

"Of course. I just need one thing from you."

"What?"

"Don't die." He said, before cupping her face and smashing their lips against each other. They could hear Fred and George's wolf-whistling in the back.