Chapter 65 (Year 6)

Weeks flew by after Christmas, the day of Ron's birthday. He had gotten poisoned and ended up in the hospital wing for the last few days. Cormac McLaggen had become the temporary keeper in their game against Hufflepuff.

"If I was captain, I wouldn't be this late," McLaggen said casually.

"Shut up!" Charlotte yelled, tired from last week's training with him. McLaggen scowled as Harry entered the changing room.

"Where have you been?" Ginny and Charlotte yelled at the same time.

"I met Malfoy." He told them quietly, and Charlotte signed.

"So?" Ginny said,

"So I wanted to know how come he's up at the castle with a couple of girlfriends while everyone else is down here? Also, why is he hanging out with a couple of girls when he's supposed to be your boyfriend?" Harry asked,

"I know he is. It's not a big deal."

"Does it matter right now?" Ginny asked.

"Well, I'm not likely to find out, am I?" said Harry, seizing his Firebolt and pushing his glasses straight.

"Come on, then!" The group walked out of the changing room and onto the field.

"Tricky conditions! Coote, Peakes, you'll want to fly out of the sun, so they don't see you coming- "McLaggen said,

"I'm the Captain, McLaggen, shut up giving them instructions. Just get up by the goal posts!" Harry shouted as the chasers walked off.

They got into position, and Harry shook hands with the Hufflepuff captain before Madam Hooch blew the whistle and the match started.

---

Throughout the game, Cormac had been trying to manage the team throughout the whole match.

"Oh, look! The Gryffindor Keeper's got hold of one of the Beater's bats." Luna said, only focusing half of her attention on the match. Charlotte, who was very close to the Gryffindor goal post, turned around and watched as Harry came flying towards McLaggen.

"Will you give him back his bat and get back to the goal posts?" Harry yelled as McLaggen turned around with the bat still in hand, smacking Harry right over the head. Charlotte didn't know who screamed if it was her or Hermione as she sped with her broom, along with the Gryffindor beaters, Coote and Peakes, to catch her brother.

Coote and Peakes managed to catch Harry's body, but his head slammed against the ground, his skull cracking.

"Oh, my god!" Charlotte shouted, seeing some on the grass. The professors all ran over to them as the crowd got on the field.

"Everyone get back." Professor McGonagall shouted, as she summoned a stretcher and lifted Harry's body on it.

"Hey, McLaggen!" Charlotte shouted, gripping the broom so tight that her knuckles were turning white. McLaggen, red in the face, turned around as Charlotte marched up to him, with her broom in the air, and swat it across his face with full force.

McLaggen fell down, face first into the grass. He sat up, spitting four teeth on the ground, as the crowd gasped and laughed.

"MS. POTTER!" McGonagall shouted as Charlotte turned around.

"Yes?"

"My office now!"

"I knew you were going to say that!" Charlotte said as she walked to the castle.

---

"He lost four teeth!" Professor McGonagall shouted as McLaggen sat with an ice pack for his bruised jaw, and all his teeth in place. James and Lily, who had demanded to come because of Harry and Charlotte getting in trouble.