Chapter 73

James walked into Charlotte's room, seeing her suitcase already packed, and on the ground next to her bed, she sat next to it on the floor writing something on a piece of parchment; she folded the parchment, and quickly ran to Hedwig, tying it to her leg and quickly and opening a window to let it fly out.

"Charlotte, are you ready? Who did you send that letter to?" James asked, making Charlotte jump. She didn't know he was in the room.

"Parvati." She muttered.

"And yes, I'm all packed and ready," Charlotte said, walking to her suitcase. James picked it up for her and nodded.

"Okay, let's go." He said. She nodded, and followed her dad out, and downstairs where her mother and Harry were waiting for her.

---

Twenty minutes later, Mad-eye, Ron, Hermione, Mr. Weasley, Fred and George, Bill, Tonks, Remus, Kingsley, Hagrid, and Mundungus Fletcher. The Potter manor was thankfully large, so they all had enough space to fit and talk peacefully.

"Thank you for coming, Mad-eye," James said, shaking hands with Mad eye, who nodded, his magical eye moving across each of the Potter's faces.

"Kingsley, I thought you were looking after the Muggle Prime Minister?" Harry asked,

"He can get along without me for one night. You guys are more important." Kingsley said.

"Guys, guess what?" Tonks said, wiggling her left hand at them, showing a beautiful wedding ring.

"You got married," Charlotte said, grinning at her.

"I'm sorry you guys couldn't be there. It was very quiet." Remus said, Lily shook her head.

"Don't worry about that. We're happy for you."

"Yes, and when this is all over, will get you guys a proper wedding." James laughed.

"All right, all right, we'll have time for a cozy catch up later," Moody yelled over the loud noise as he dropped a sack on a table.

"As Dedalus probably told you, we had to abandon Plan A. Pius Thicknesse has gone over, which gives us a big problem. He's made it an imprisonable offense to connect this house to the Floo Network, place a Portkey here, or Apparate in or out. All done in the name of your protection, to prevent You-Know-Who from getting in at you. Absolutely pointless, since old Charlotte's spell has been protecting all of you Potter's since she died."

Mad eye explained the plan, that Bill, Mr. Weasley, Charlotte, Fred and George, Ron, Hermione, and Mundungs were all going to drink the Polyjuice potion and turn into Harry.

"No! No way!" Harry shouted.

"I told them you'd take it like this," Hermione signed, shaking her head at Harry.

"If you think I'm going to let seven people risk their lives--!"

"—because it's the first time for all of us," said Ron, dramatically rolling his eyes.

"This is different, pretending to be me –"

"Well, none of us really fancy it, Harry. Imagine if something went wrong, and we were stuck as specky, scrawny gits forever." Fred said.

"You can't do it if I don't cooperate. You need me to give you some hair," Harry yelled, thinking he found a loophole.

"Well, that's the plan scuppered. Obviously, there's no chance at all of us getting a bit of your hair unless you cooperate." George yelled, throwing his hands up in the hair.

"Yeah, sixteen of us against one bloke who's not allowed to use magic; we've got no chance," said Fred.

"Funny, really amusing," Harry muttered, dryly rolling his eyes.