Chapter 53 (Summer)

The year had ended shortly after the attack on the Ministry of Magic. Now, everyone was in a state of panic over the news of Voldemort returning. But Charlotte's mind was only on one thing. Draco. He was going to be a death eater and there was nothing he could do to stop him.

Charlotte and Harry were staying with the Weasley this summer. Harry and Charlotte had been invited to stay over for the summer, and her parents didn't mind since it was the new headquarters for the Order of Phoenix.

James knocked on the back door of the Weasley's yard.

"Who is it?" They heard Mrs. Weasley's voice say through the door.

"It's Padfoot. I'm here with Fawn," James whispered through the door. The door opened, and Mrs. Weasley gestured to come in quickly.

Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Fleur were sitting at the table eating breakfast as they entered the kitchen. There were several shouts of greetings as Charlotte entered.

"Where's Harry?" Ron asked.

"He's already here," Charlotte said,

"I think I would know if my best friend was here." Ron laughed, and Charlotte shook her head at him.

"He's sleeping upstairs."

"No, he's not-Mum, is Harry sleeping upstairs?" Ron asked, turning to his mother, who was talking to James.

"Yes, I was just about to bring him up a plate- "Hermione, Ginny, and Ron jumped to their feet.

"Why did no one tell us?" Hermione shouted as the three ran upstairs.

Charlotte said goodbye to her dad before sitting down and having breakfast with Mrs. Weasley and Fleur.

"Have you been having a nice summer so far, Charlotte?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"Yeah, it's been okay, kind of boring, since my parents won't let me leave," Charlotte said.

"At least you're here now!" Mrs. Weasley laughed.

"Yeah." Charlotte shrugged.

"I'm going to take a tray to Harry. He must be so exhausted after his meeting with Professor Dumbledore." Mrs. Weasley said.

"Oh! I can do it, Mrs. Weasley!" Fleur said, jumping to her feet.

"No, that's not really necessary." Mrs. Weasley said as Fleur grabbed the tray from her.

"No, I insist," Fleur said, as she walked upstairs with Mrs. Weasley running after her.

---

"Did you know that the O.W. L results are coming in soon?" Hermione asked as she ran into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I did," Charlotte said, nodding.

"HOW CAN YOU BE SO CALM! HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME!" Hermione said.

"Because of this reaction. Don't worry Hermione, everything will be okay. Even if you do fail."

"I'M GOING TO FAIL? WAIT NO DON'T TELL ME!"

"Oh, Hermione, why do you have a black eye?" Mrs. Weasley asked, noticing Hermione's eye.

"It was one of Fred and George's stupid toys!" Hermione shouted as she started pacing the kitchen.

"Sit down Hermione, let me help you with that." Mrs. Weasley said, grabbing Hermione's arm, and dragging her to the chair as Hermione muttered to herself about her exams.

"Am I going to be this scared when my results come in?" Ginny asked,

"No, you're normal," Charlotte whispered to her, trying to hide the fact that she was terrified herself.

"I'm sure you'll be fine; I've never played before on the team," Charlotte said, Ginny, shrugged, as Harry and Ron entered the room. Harry put his tray down in the sink as Ron sat down next to Charlotte.

"Mrs. Weasley, you're quiet, quite sure no owls have arrived this morning?" Hermione said, jumping out of her chair.

"Yes, dear, I'd have noticed. But it's barely nine, there's still plenty of time..." Mrs. Weasley said.

"I know I messed up Ancient Runes. I definitely made at least one serious mistranslation. And the Defense Against the Dark Arts practical was no good at all. I thought Transfiguration went all right at the time, but looking back —"

"Hermione, will you shut up? You're not the only one who's nervous! And when you've got your eleven 'Outstanding' O.W.L...." Ron said,

"Don't, don't, don't! I know I've failed everything!" Hermione muttered, flapping her arms to stop Ron.

"What happens if we fail?" Harry asked.

"We discuss our options with our head of house. I asked Professor McGonagall at the end of the term." Hermione said.

"At Beauxbatons, we 'ad a different way of doing things. I think it was better. We sat our examinations after six years of study, not five, and then—" Hermione stopped Fleur mid-sentence as she screamed, pointing at four owls flying towards the window.

"They're definitely owls," Ron said, as he and Charlotte jumped to their feet and ran to Hermione's side.

"And there's four of them!" Harry shouted. Charlotte's heart was racing. She didn't realize how nervous she actually was to see her results.

"One for each of us. Oh, no... oh no... oh no!" Hermione whispered as she gripped Ron and Harry's arms tightly.

"Oh, no!" Hermione whispered as they got closer. Mrs. Weasley squeezed past the four and opened the window for the owls to enter. The owls landed in front of each of them and lifted their right lets, which had a parchment tied to them.

Charlotte quickly untied her scroll and read her results.

Astronomy- A

Care of Magical Creators- E

Charms- E

Defense against the dark arts- E

Divination- D

Herbology- E

History of Magic- O

Potions- O

Transfiguration- E

Charlotte let out a relieved laugh. She did not fail any of the classes that she cared about.

"How did you do? Switch papers with me!" Harry asked after he switched papers with Ron, Charlotte and Harry switched papers, reading each other's results.

"How did you get an O in potions?"

"What can I say Draco is an excellent teacher." Charlotte giggled, and Harry rolled his eyes.

"So you were actually taking lessons? I thought that was a lie."

"Nope."

"Well, we're N.E.W.T. students now! Mum, are there any more sausages?" Ron yelled.

A/N- A Fawn is a child female doe, in case anyone didn't know!