Chapter 19 (Year 3)

Charlotte sat on her dad's bed in the hospital wing, with Harry sitting next to her and Lily sitting on a chair near the bed.

"James, how could you be so stupid? I swear to Merlin. You haven't been with Remus-"

"Mum, calm down. He's healing," Charlotte said. James nodded.

"I'm healing, Lily. You can kill me after." He said. Lily rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest and signed.

"Where's Remus? Has he come to see you? Don't tell me he blames himself." Lily said. James nodded.

"He's packing up his things now, I tried to explain, but you know how he is. Can't ever get through his thick skull."

"Where Sirius?"

"He had minor injuries, so Madam Pomfrey kicked him out, yelling. Mr. Black, you are not in school anymore. You are not my headache." Harry explained, Lily chucked.

"Harry, when was the last time you brushed your hair?" Lily asked as she stood up and tried to grab a brush from her bag.

"Mum! No! It will lose its flare!" Harry said as he jumped off the bed.

"Flare? You've got to be kidding me! It's too messy for a boy your age! Your father said the same thing and had the hairstyle of a seventeen-year-old at the age of thirty-four." James ran a hand through his hair.

"How come this is the first time I've heard about this?" James asked, shocked.

"I never said it didn't look good, but you know," Lily said. James chuckled as a note appeared on the bed. It had Charlotte's name written on the top.

Dear Charlotte,

I know you are with your family at the moment, but come down to my office. There is some news I would like to discuss with you.

Sincerely, Professor Dumbeldore.

P.S- I do love a good chocolate frog.

"Who's that from?" James asked.

"It's from Dumbeldore. He needs to speak with me," Charlotte explained.

"You don't think you'll get explained for helping an attempted murder run through Hogwarts? Would you?" Harry asked,

"Harry!" Lily yelled. Harry put his hands up in defense.

"It was a suggestion! I'm not serious." James chuckled.

"I hope not. I'll see you guys in a little bit," Charlotte said, as she hopped off James's bed and walked out of the hospital wing. She could hear Lily asking Harry to consider brushing his hair, and Harry screaming "no" again.

---

"Chocolate frogs," Charlotte said to the gargoyle statue. It nodded and pushed itself to the side before revealing a long staircase. Charlotte walked upstairs and knocked on Dumbledore's closed door.

"Come in," Dumbeldore called. Charlotte opened the door, where she was greeted with several portraits, pretending to be asleep, with Dumbeldore sitting at his large desk at the end of the room.

"Hi, Professor. You wanted to see me?" Charlotte asked. Dumbledore nodded and gestured to the seat in front of him.

"Please sit." Charlotte was starting to get nervous. Harry's words were rushing back to her.

What if I do get expelled?

She thought as she sat down, and Dumbeldore flicked his wand. The papers that were on his desk disappeared in an instant.