Chapter 50 (Year 5)

"Very well. Very well... I am left with no alternative... this is more than a matter of school discipline... this is an issue of Ministry security... yes... yes..." Umbridge said, taking out her wand, she seemed to be talking to herself, she swayed from foot to foot.

"You are forcing me, Potter... I do not want to, but sometimes circumstances justify the use... I am sure the Minister will understand that I had no choice."

"The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue," Umbridge said, quietly.

"No!" Hermione and Charlotte screamed together.

"Professor Umbridge - it's illegal," Hermione shouted, as Charlotte struggled against Draco, who grabbed her around the waist, pinning her arms down.

"Let me go," Charlotte whispered,

"If I let you go, she's going to punish you too," Draco whispered through gritted teeth.

"The Minister wouldn't want you to break the law, Professor Umbridge!" Hermione shouted, desperately.

"What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him! He never knew I ordered Dementors to go after Potter last summer, but he was delighted to be given the chance to expel him, all the same." Charlotte watched as Umbridge pointed at different parts of Harry's body, with her wand, seeming to have an evil glee in her eyes.

"It was you! You sent the dementors after me!" Harry shouted,

"Somebody had to act," breathed Umbridge, as her wand came to rest, pointing directly at Harry's forehead.

"They were all bleating about silencing you somehow - discrediting you - but I was the one who actually did something about it... only you wriggled out of that one, didn't you, Potter? Not today though, not now -Cruc— "

"No!" Charlotte shouted, stomping on Draco's feet, but he still wouldn't budge.

"No - Harry -we'll have to tell her!" Hermione shouted.

"No way!" Harry shouted at her.

"We'll have to, Harry. She'll force it out of you, anyway. What's... what's the point?" Hermione cried.

"Well, well, well! Little Miss Question-all is going to give us some answers! Come on then, girl, come on!" Umbridge giggled.

"Er - my - nee - no!" Ron shouted through his gag.

"I'm - I'm sorry everyone. But - I can't stand it - "Hermione cried into her hands, but there were no tears.

"That's right, that's right, girl! Now then... with whom was Potter communicating just now?" Umbridge grabbed Hermione and forced her into a chair next to Hermione.

"Well, well, he was trying to speak to Professor Dumbledore," Hermione explained into her hands.

"Dumbledore? You know where Dumbledore is, then?" Umbridge asked, eagerly.

"Well... no. We've tried the Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley and the Three Broomsticks and even the Hog's Head -"

"Idiot girl - Dumbledore won't be sitting in a pub when the whole Ministry's looking for him!"

"But - but we needed to tell him something important!"

"Yes? What was it you wanted to tell him?" Umbridge said,

"We... we wanted to tell him it's r - ready!" Hermione shouted into her hands. Umbridge grabbed Hermione by the shoulders, shaking her slightly.

"What's ready! What's ready, girl?"

"The... the weapon!"

"Weapon? Weapon? You have been developing some method of resistance? A weapon you could use against the Ministry? On Professor Dumbledore's orders, of course?" Umbridge yelled.

"Y — y - yes, but he had to leave before it was finished and n - n - now we've finished it for him, and we c - c - can't find him t - t - to tell him!"

"What kind of weapon is it?"

"We don't r - r - really understand it," said Hermione, sniffing loudly.

"We j - j - just did what- P - Professor Dumbledore told us t - t - to do."

"Lead me to the weapon," Umbridge said, sounding as if she had just gotten everything she wanted in life.

"I'm not showing... them," Hermione said, pointing to the Slytherins.

"It is not for you to set conditions," Umbridge said, harshly.

"Fine! Fine... let them see it. I hope they use it on you! In fact, I wish you'd invite loads and loads of people to come and see it! Th - that would serve you right - oh, I'd love it if the wh - whole school knew where it was, and how to u -use it, and then if you annoy any of them, they'll be able to s -sort you out!" Hermione cried harder into her hands.

"All right, dear, let's make it just you and me... and we'll take Potter, too, shall we? Get up, now." She grabbed Harry by the shoulders and ruffly pushed him to his feet.

"And you two can go ahead and show me the way. Lead on." She said to Hermione and Harry, pointing her wand at them as they walked out.

"Draco, you have to let us go. Please." Charlotte whispered.

"What are you guys up to?" Before Charlotte can answer, Ginny had taken her wand out and shot Draco with a Bat Bogey Hex. He fell back as large bats flew out of his nose. Then everything happened very fast. There were spells thrown across the room. Pansy grabbed Charlotte by the hair.

"Ow! You little bitch!" Charlotte shouted, as Pansy pulled Charlotte's hair harder, and forced her to look up at the ceiling.

"I'm not the bitch! I'm following the rules!" Pansy shouted as Charlotte took out her wand. Pansy wasn't smart enough to take her wand out just yet. Charlotte kicked Pansy in the shin.

"Ow!" Pansy cried, as she let go of Charlotte's hair, and grabbed her foot.

"Everte Statum!" Charlotte shouted, causing Pansy to fly back and slam into the wall. She slumped down, unconscious.

"Everyone free?" Charlotte asked as she put her wand away.

"Yes," Some of them yelled. There were several scratch marks along Ginny's cheek. A purple lump was swelling above Neville's right eye, and Ron's lip was cut and bleeding.

"Sorry, Draco. I'll be back soon." She looked around before kissing him on the forehead, as Ron grabbed all the wands the Slytherins had taken.

"Charlotte!" Draco shouted as they ran out.

"Where did they go?" Ginny asked.

"They went to the forest. I saw them!" Ron said.

"What's going on? What are you guys doing?" Neville asked once he caught his breath after Crabbe had almost suffocated him.

"Harry needs us for something. He saw something. Not sure what exactly."