You can run but you can't hide

It's been a month since the last time you saw Rex.
You couldn't help but worry.
Was he ok?

You heard that the war was in a pretty bad point. You tried to console yourself by thinking he's probably just very busy. He's a captain after all.
But you just knew you couldn't wait forever without news.

You thought about Fives, but he wasn't around neither. Well, you knew a person who could help you. You heard he was around.

Ugh damn it.

You made your way to your closet and took a locked box from the back of it, then you took a deep breath, this was the last thing you wanted to do, but you knew someday you would have to.

You needed to know if Rex was fine, and if you wanted to remain friends with him (or that's what you wanted to believe), you couldn't just wait a month or more to have news when he could be dead at any time. If that ever happened, you'd want to know it right away. This might be a way to keep in touch safely, you hoped.

You unlocked the box and grabbed an old cloak, you wore it immediately. Then you grabbed an object you haven't touched in a while. That cylindrical piece of metal.
You gasped as you turned it on. It's green luminance made you shiver, it's been so long. You hoped you wouldn't need it.

Your past as a Jedi was overwhelming. You left the Order some time ago. Besides from the council, there was only one person who could recognise you and... help you with this. Maybe.

You closed your apartment door and headed straight to the streets of Coruscant. Then you got on a transporter.

-"To the Jedi Temple" You handed the driver a few credits.

He said something but you didn't hear it, you were lost in your thoughts already.

Why am I doing this? Everything is changing too fast.

There was something in you heart that told you, you had to do this. As much as you'd want to, you couldn't run from what you were and your still unknown but strong feelings for Rex made you take this path again. The truth is, you were a Jedi.
A Jedi on the run from everything, even yourself.
But truth catches you sooner or later.

-"Here we are lil' lady" The driver's voice ripped you out of your thoughts.

-"Thanks" You mumbled as you got off the transporter.

You never thought you'd be back.
You walked towards the entrance as two Temple Guards blocked your way.

-"I'm here to see Obi-Wan Kenobi" You said firmly.

They didn't move so you pulled out your lightsaber and handed it to them.

-"I'm no threat. Please look for him and give him this. He'll know who I am, tell him to come see me"

One Guard took your saber and made his way into the Temple. You waited there, feeling a little nervous.

A few minutes passed when you heard your name.

-"Y/n?" You turned around to see Obi Wan with a mixed look in his eyes. They were half worry and half excitement.

-"Hey Obi" You both ran to hug each other.

-"I thought I wouldn't see you again" He let you go. "I thought you ran someplace else"

-"I thought the same. This wasn't supposed happen" He looked at you with a frowned face.

-"Y/n, I... have too many questions but since you're all covered up, I might guess you lack of time for that"

You smiled a bit.