Closeness

You are back in Coruscant, you've been welcomed and congratulated by the Canciller for the mission, however now it was time to head to the Temple.
You recorded a simple report since this was Obi-Wan's mission, so you left the council meeting for him, besides, you had to see Rex, he was probably in the hangar now so that's where you headed.

You looked around the place but didn't see him so you sat down on a big box, honestly you were a little tired, you yawned when someone touched your shoulder.

-"Cyar-ika" Was all you heard. He stepped in front of you.

-"Hey, Rex" You scratched you eyes.

-"Someone's sleepy" He said with a smile.

-"Well, I didn't sleep how I thought I would in that luxurious ship"

-"Would you uh- like to go somewhere else?" You smiled at him.

-"I'd like to go home"

-"Let's go then" He offered you his hand, you looked at it for a second before taking it. You walked out of the hangar when you felt Rex's hand trying to grab your waist but you pulled it off.

-"Not so fast, we still need to have a little chat" He just looked at you worryingly. After a while you finally reached your apartment, once you got in he stepped in front of you.

-"Y/n, what's wrong? I- said I was sorry, what else do y-" You stopped him.

-"Rex, I know, it's not that" He looked confused.

-"Then what is it?" You sighed.

-"I need to know if you trust me, Rex. You think I'm going to loose my head?" He shook his head.

-"No, I never said that. I didn't tell you because I was fine by the time I returned and I- well how was I supposed to know you'd be so mad about this?" You frowned.

-"Excuse me? Then what did you expect? You wanted me to be happy when I saw that big ass bruise on your back? And by the fact that you didn't exactly fell off the bed, you got shot at!"

-"I'm a soldier! Maybe that shouldn't be something surprising to you"

-"Oh don't come up with all that 'soldier' stuff, even you know that wasn't just a war wound, I spoke with Kix, that shot could've costed you your arm's functionality or even your life if it got a little closer to your heart"

-"So you wanted me to come here and tell you I almost died on battle? If that's what you wanted I should've done it every day we saw each other!" You passed him with a little push.

-"You don't understand right? All I'm asking is for you to trust me"

-"I do trust you!"

-"Then why would you hide that from me?"

-"Because I didn't want to talk about the fact that I'm just another clone!" You looked at him a little shocked. He looked down.

-"Rex, what are you talking about?" He passed you and sat down on one of the chairs.

-"I didn't want you to worry about me because it wouldn't make a difference"

He looked at you

-"Y/n, it doesn't matter how many times I get shot at, I'll be sent back into danger once I'm healed, and if I die I will get replaced. That's the reality" He stopped for a moment and didn't say anything else.

You walked slowly towards him and kneeled down in front of him.

-"Rex, I'm sorry, sometimes I forget how much weight is on your back. But despite of how the army works, I- do not think you're just another clone, and you know that. I was worried I would loose you someday and no one would tell me a thing about it, see I didn't hear anything about what happened to you until I saw that bruise on your back"