A Dark Place

Time Skip

It's been another year. You kept fighting alongside with Anakin and Ahsoka, also with Rex, but the war didn't seem to be getting any closer to an end, it seemed to be getting worse. However, you always tried to keep your mind focused in doing your missions well and mostly, to keep your hope. Although it wasn't always easy, specially when you had to enter right into the heart of a place completely under control of the enemy, like now.

This was mostly a very delicate mission, so, it was only Anakin, the 501st and you. At least in this part.

Umbara was unexplored territory, filled by enemy traps and dangerous habitants. But you really couldn't know how dangerous until you get there.

-"Masters Krell and Tiin will be supporting my troops in the south while Anakin's battalion comes in from the north and takes out enemy reinforcements. It is imperative that we conquer the capital city as quickly as possible and hold it" Obi-Wan clenched his fist as he spoke.

You looked at him as you lifted an eyebrow with your arms crossed. It sounded easy when he said it like that, but you knew things get nasty once you're in the battle field. Many of you could die unnecessarily if you didn't get things right.

-"Our biggest problem is gonna be the local militia. The Umbarans have aligned themselves with the Separatists and are heavily armed. ARC trooper Fives will be assisting my units on special assignment" Anakin said as he looked at Fives.

-"Ready to do my part, General Skywalker" Fives said as he stood firmly.

-"Nice to have you aboard" Rex said.

-"Just like old times, Rex"

You looked at him proudly, but you also had some worry in you. You know things are serious when ARC troopers are assigned.

-"Remember, Anakin, Y/n. Cody and I will be 12 klicks to your south. We're counting on you to take out those local fighters, or, I'm afraid, the capital will never surrender" Obi-Wan stated.

Anakin sighed.

-"Does our battalion have to do everything?" Anakin crossed his arms and smiled.

-"But we certainly won't fail" You said as you placed a hand in Anakin's shoulder.

Obi-Wan looked at you.

-"You seem to always volunteer" He turned around and left.

You looked at Anakin as you walked to the gunship.

-"We're mostly volunteered by them" You chuckled and shook your head.

Anakin chuckled too.

-"If we don't do the dirty work, no one will, and they know it"

You got into the gunship as Rex stopped in front of the rest of the troopers and gave them the order to board the ship. Once you were all in, you parted.

~

The very first moment the gunships left the cruiser, you felt the explosions around, the atmosphere was foggy and you couldn't see much. You looked down as the yellow explosions got closer to you.