Times of Loss: Part Three

You were sitting on a rock, processing everything when you felt a hand on your shoulder.

-"Y/n" It was Rex. You looked at him softly.

-"Hey, Rex" He took a seat next to you.

You could feel sadness and guilt on him.

-"I want you to know...I'm here, I'm always here" He said.

You smiled at him. Then you looked over his shoulder, you saw Fives was standing there, alone.

-"Maybe I'm not the only one who needs to know someone's there for me"

Rex noticed you looking behind him, so he turned around and saw Fives.

He sighed and nodded slowly.

-"It's not the first time we loose one of our brothers, but that doesn't make it any easier" He said looking back at you.

-"Go" He finished with a head gesture.

You nodded at him as you slowly got up from the rock. You walked slowly towards Fives, he was keeping guard.
You were now right behind him.

-"Fives" You said.

He slowly turned around.

-"Y/n...hi" He said before turning around again.

You pressed your lips together, thinking of what you should say to him.

-"Fives...you don't have to pretend with me. I'm here, not as your General, I'm here as you friend. And as your friend I want to tell you, I share your pain, more than you think"

You looked down not wanting to cry anymore, you had to be strong for this.

You heard a sigh coming out from Fives's modulator.

-"I know, I'm just trying to be a good soldier. That's what Echo would've wanted"

You looked at him as he talked.

-"I'm sure, Echo would've wanted us to finish this mission, he gave his life for this" You said.

-"He gave his life for the Republic, but he also sacrificed himself trying to get that shuttle for us" He looked up as he sighed "To help us escape"

You placed a hand on his shoulder.

-"Echo was not only a good soldier, but a good friend. We can all learn that from him"

-"Yes" He said softly as he looked at you.

You have him a smile before turning around and leave, but before you could, you turned around again.

-"Fives"

He looked at you.

-"Things may seem dark now, but nothing is in vain when it comes to our friends"

He nodded slowly. You gave him a soft smile and left.

Now you were next to Obi-Wan and the rest of the group.

-"We need to hold out until the Council sends a ship" Obi-Wan said.

-"Not a problem. We've beat them once, we'll beat them again" Master Piell said confidently.

Fives appeared.

-"This landscape is almost impossible to cross"

You all looked at him.

-"How are we going to get to the rendezvous point?" He asked.

-"That is the trap of the Citadel. It was design so it would be almost impossible for fugitives to get off the surface, even if they escaped the tower" Obi-Wan said as he looked at Anakin.