The Boys

You and Rex are back on duty. You've just finished one of your missions. You were on a cruiser ship now with Anakin, Ahsoka and the 501st, or at least a part of it.

-"We did good out there. I'll pay the drinks once we're back" You looked at Ahsoka "Only water for you" She smiled.

-"All I know is that the moment we lay foot on Coruscant, you two will just disappear and then reappear out of nowhere" Ahsoka said. You and Anakin shared a nervous look.

-"I don't know what you're talking about, Snips"

-"Oh, admit it! I remember every time we get there once you finish the reports you will always go like 'You can do what you wish now, Snips. I have business to attend to' and then you disappear" You laughed a little.

-"Seems like your Padawan is very smart. She has all your steps counted, Anakin". Anakin looked at you.

-"Yeah, and yours, she wasn't only talking about me"

You raised your hands.

-"Just sayin'!"

-"Well, I think I'm gonna head to the hangar. You coming, Snips?"

-"Be right behind you, Master"

-"Y/n?" Anakin asked as he was about to leave.

-"Actually I'm heading to the dining room" Anakin nodded as he left with Ahsoka.

You made your way to the dining area, you heard there's a friend of yours there. You walked through the cruiser until you reached the door. You pressed the button and the door opened. There was a lot of clones dining there, once they saw you they stood up firmly.

-"Rest, troopers" They relaxed and kept eating.

You looked around searching, you stopped once you saw that "5" on a trooper's temple.
You tapped his shoulder.

-"Hey there, trooper. I was looking for the finest soldier in the area, you know where I can find him?"

He smirked.

-"Sure, that's me" You laughed and gave him a small hug. He was standing holding his tray with food.

-"Let's sit somewhere" You said. You both took a sit a little apart from the others.

-"How you're doing Fives? I haven't seen you in a while." He smiled.

-"Just fine. I keep trying to impress my superiors. Maybe someday I'll be an Arc Trooper" You laughed.

-"And what about Echo?"

-"Ah, Echo's fine. Probably repeating orders somewhere" Suddenly a voice spoke from behind.

-"You're lucky I remember them, Fives" You turned around. Echo had a tray with food too.

-"Hello, Y/n" You took his hand and made him sit next to you.

-"Hi, Echo" You squeezed his hand for second. He smiled at you.

-"So how's Rex?" Fives said. You almost chocked on your water.

-"Why'd you ask?"

-"I figured you might know. You two seem pretty close" Fives said. Echo looked at the two of you.

-"He's fine" You said simply.

-"I figured you'd think that"

-"Fives" You raised an eyebrow. He laughed a little.

-"Sorry" He said.

-"Are you though?"

-"No, not really" You chuckled.