Distance

The next missions were tough, but nothing you couldn't handle. Things were good until one night you saw a big bruise in Rex's back. He got shot at, almost died and didn't tell you a word about it, so you were a little upset about it. In fact, you left his room that night and haven't seen him since then.

Now you've received a call from Obi-Wan. He needed you and Anakin. It was something about protecting a Duchess. You arrived the place...a little late, not something very characteristic of you.
Obi-Wan and Anakin were there in a circle with Cody and...Rex. You stood next to Anakin silently trying not to interrupt Obi-Wan's speech.

-"Look who's late" Anakin whispered.

-"You can tease me about it later, now quiet" You whispered not looking away from Obi-Wan.

-"You know your marching orders. The safety of The Duchess Satine is of the utmost importance..."

As Obi Wan kept talking you looked at Rex. You couldn't see his face but you knew he was watching you. You could feel him tensing up.

-"The Death Watch will stop at nothing to assassinate her before she pleads her case to the Senate." Obi-Wan finished, then Anakin took a step forward.

-"The Death Watch may be backed by the Separatists, so stay sharp." He warned before looking at R2. "R2, use your scanners to probe for any suspicious droid activity." Then you heard Rex's voice.

-"Anything else, sir?"

-"No, that will be all" Obi-Wan said, then the rest of the troopers left the room except for Cody and Rex.

-"So, a security mission for the Republic. I love those" You joked looking at Anakin.

-"That makes two of us, sleepyhead" He said with a smile.

Obi-Wan's comm beeped.

-"Yes?"

-"The Duchess and her retinue requests your presence" A voice said.

-"Very well" Obi-Wan turned around making you and the others follow him into an elevator.

You stood in the middle of Anakin and Obi-Wan. Rex and Cody were in front, you looked at Rex for a moment. You were still mad at him, not like before but you wouldn't talk to him just yet. After all, one of the reasons you joined the Republic again was to know right away if something ever happens to him, and he doesn't tell you a thing.

Anakin's voice pulled you out of your thoughts.

-"I sense some anxiety from you about the duchess. She couldn't be in safer hands"

You looked at Obi-Wan, you could feel him nervous too.

-"Yes, I know"

You frowned.

-"Then why..." Anakin said confusedly.

-"Never mind. It's all in the past."

You were officially confused now.

-"In the...past? There is a past?" You said looking at him.

-"Oh, so you were close to her?" Anakin said.

-"I knew her" Obi-Wan corrected. "A long time ago"

You and Anakin shared a look.

-"Pretty well it seems" You said provocatively.

-"Ha! You've read my mind" Anakin smirked.

Obi-Wan shook his head. You saw Rex looking at you over his shoulder.

~

Once you were out the elevator you could hear a woman's voice.

-"I speak for thousands of worlds that have urged me to allow them to stay neutral in this war."