2 Brielle

What. The. Fuck.

It was all I could think as this young man draped his long arm over my shoulders.

This man was strange...but vaguely familiar.

I looked at the side of this man's face and felt something tug at the back of my mind. I couldn't help but feel as if I'd seen him somewhere before. Recently perhaps? I couldn't pin point where or when exactly.

Maybe he was a customer? Or maybe he walks around the neighborhood where the flower shop is? or he could be-

I was suddenly pulled from my thoughts. I felt something akin to being Jolted surge through me. the soft caresses of the strange man's thumb against my arm could be felt through my thin sweater.

I hadn't realized it at first that both the man and the robe wearing girl, who was now smiling in front of me, were both talking. And maybe even asked me a question in the midst of my being lost in thought.

"I'm sorry what was that? "I asked finding my voice.

"I was apologizing." Said the girl. "If I'd known Milan was taken, I wouldn't have tried to make a move on him. I hope I didn't cause a headache."

'Play along' the guy's silent mouth suddenly reappeared into memory.

I flew into auto pilot.

"Oh, of course not. I mean I don't think were that broad about being together."

The girl nods. "I honestly get it. I mean a lot of girls are already have their eye on him. but you'd be amazed at how eager girls get when they find out someone's taken. Especially if its someone like Milan.:

Both me, and the man named Milan, glanced at each other at this. he gave me a weak smile that I was sure intended to be reassuring.

Only It did do much to ease my quickening pulse.

In that moment, under his distinguishable chartreuse gaze, I had an inkling as to why girls would fumble over him.

Taken or not.

On the surface he was nice to look at, I couldn't deny it. There was faint tan to his warm ivory skin, and his lips were actually rather full for someone of his ethnicity. Then again, as I looked at him as a whole, I couldn't tell what he was exactly.

Especially with that hair.

How could I miss it? even in its messy bun, I could see a few thick wave tendrils that escaped his hair tie, starting dark blonde the root and base before turning a lighter shade at its coils ends.

If handsome yet ambiguous was a person, this guy was definitely it.

And maybe a little androgynous.

His face was somewhere between soft and at the same time masculine. And while that was everyone cup of tea, I actually found it to be rather handsome for him.

"you're a lucky girl," Carly's voice brought me back to the now. "a lot of girls would love to have someone so talented for a partner like Milan."

Milan...

Again, something pulled at my memory. But no, it still felt foggy and deep in the depths at the back of my mind.

Mentally shrugging it off, for now. I continued to play my part, since after all, he clearly needed my help. And he tipped well when he placed the order.

I decided to up it a notch.

"Hes also very thoughtful too," I gestured to the flowers in my arms. "I hadn't expected him to send such a thoughtful gift to my job."