6 Brielle

I was confused by Hannah's  reaction. The way her spine seemed tense and rigid and her expression twisted in a seemingly way of suspicion to confusion and then hurt.

For whatever reason.

I couldn't pin point the reasoning behind her visible reaction.

So I had no issue opening my mouth to answer her. only to feel a searing cramp ripple through my womb that had me bending forward, clutching my belly with a gasp.

"are you alright?" I heard Milan's voice, laced with concern. His hand had shifted from my shoulder to my mid back where he gently rubbed me in slow circles.

The act was soothing but did little to keep the pain at bay.

"yeah I just...need to go now. I'm sorry but were gonna have to doo th is another time-"

"I agree," Milan nodded, cutting me short. His hand still on the base of my back, he used the other to gently but firmly grip my elbow to slowly pull me from the booth. "I'm sorry Hannah, we're gonna have to do this another time."

Not what I meant, I wanted to say.

But by now I was clenching my teeth to keep myself from making too much noise from the discomfort my own body was giving me.

Steady breaths, I tell myself. Although I knew my breathing was becoming a little more rapid at this point.

I didn't know what was going on, but I knew this wasn't normal and likely needed help. While I was curious about Hannah's reaction to Milan and wanted to inquire about it, I simply couldn't find it in myself to focus on much of anything else but the pain.

"another time?" I heard Hannah squeak. It was as if I wasn't there anymore. Her attention focused solely on Milan. "so you just show up out of nowhere and-"

"oh fuck!"

The onlookers in the diner turned toward us just as I bellowed bending forward again. this time I couldn't hide it. both hands clenching my belly, I felt Myself rack with stronger cramps.

"is she ok?" Our bubbly waitress ran over, her worried gaze shifting between me and Milan. "do you want me to call someone? Is it-"

"she's pregnant." Milan told her, earning him a worried gaze. "I'm not sure what's wrong but to be safe im gonna get her to the hospital nearby, is it alright if I put this all on my tab?" he shot the waitress an apologetic look.

"of course Milan, don't even worry about it! please go!"

I'm a little too focused on my breathing. but I can hear some of the background noise of what sounded like Hannah complaining and questioning what exactly was going on while the waitress, tried to calm her in place. I wasn't sure what she was becoming upset about, and I'm sure I wouldn't of been able to even turn around ask, what with Milan grabbing my elbow and ushering me outside the dinner as quickly as I can walk out.

"Milan seriously, I can just take myself to the hospital. I'll get there quicker than the city traffic would get you." I try to say the second he holds his car door open for me.

His long lashes lower, giving him a heavy lidded and dull look pointed my way. "with the way you're waddling, I bet it would take you close to two minutes to reach the block. Especially around this time." he glances at his watch. "the tourist flock to this area of the city when it gets around this time in the afternoon. Lets go," he tells me. his hand taking its place back at my lower back and gently pushing me into the passengers side of the car.

Well, he wasn't lying.

Being on my feet suddenly felt a lot more difficult than usual. They ached with each step, or waddle, as he put it, I took to even walk the short distance of his car. plus, I was starting to grow more and more concerned. I wasn't so sure what exactly was happening and if everything was alright.