Chapter 3 Westward ✔️

This chapter (and most of the following chapters) is split between our 2 MCs perspectives.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♥︎♥︎♥︎

Most of the ride to Westward Hell is silent. What else could I expect? Mommy and Daddy, dearest, couldn't even be bothered to see me off. They had instead paid Bart, their driver, to take me.

They didn't even say goodbye; they just spent last night fighting over her drinking and his infidelity.

I don't regret anything I said. In fact, I meant every word of it and probably should have said more while I had the chance.

It has been two and a half years of dad depositing five hundred dollars a week in my account to keep me quiet.

It has gotten to the point that he doesn't even try to hide his affairs in front of me and will actually just parade them through the house while my mom is gone on one of her many "spa trips". No, after walking in on him and Sarah, he just assumed that the extra money would buy my silence forever. 

Mom isn't much better. She knew dad was unfaithful in the past, but instead of confronting him about it, she chose to just drown her sorrows in booze and become belligerent and abusive towards me if I brought it up to her.

To the public's watchful eye, dad is a handsome, rich, and powerful CEO, and mom is the perfect trophy wife, mother, and homemaker.

What goes on behind closed doors, right?

Dad probably thought he'd empty my account out for spilling his secrets in front of mom and Simmons while I was gone off to this fancy asylum, but I pat my backpack that I'd on the floor next to my feet, full of cash, knowing that if he tries, he'll be in for a hell of a surprise.

I'm over their shit, and I'm done taking bribes, but I'm not fucking stupid.

With dad's hush money and the automatic allowance that is deposited each week, I have just over two hundred and fifty grand.

And as soon as I am able to leave this place, I have no plans to go back to Stepford Hell.

This money is more than enough to get me started on my own and keep me until I am able to get a job and figure everything else out.

I decide that I'm sick of the silence and make small talk with Bart. I am pissed about being forced into the situation, but he is a pretty cool guy.

"So any ladies in your life, ol Bart?"

He glances up in the rearview. "No, son, your father keeps me far too busy for romance." He says it only half-jokingly.

"Sounds like him. Why don't you quit?"

"I've been with him for so long, and honestly, he pays too well. I can't afford to quit."

"It's a shame; you're too good of a guy to waste your life on my father."