Chapter 5 First Day ✔️

I wake up at 6 and figure that I might as well go ahead and get dressed for the day and look through the paperwork that Rick the blabbermouth gave me yesterday

I was so upset that I didn't even bother to open the folder last night.

I flip through the papers, laying my schedule on the bed.

The folder contains brochures for Westward, pamphlets for different mental health disorders, and the services provided here. A list of activities they offer on site, a map, and a code of conduct that is expected of us. I skim through it, and it's basically normal—no drugs, alcohol, or weapons—bullshit.

I grab my schedule and read through it.

Heather Quinn, age 17

DOB 3/23/2001

8 a.m. Mathematics, Building C, Room 265

9 a.m. Group Therapy, Building B, Suite 102

10 a.m. Language Arts, Building C, Room 432

11 a.m. Science, Building C, Room 374

12 p.m. Dr. Howard, Private Session, Building B, Suite 117

12:30 p.m. Lunch

1:30 p.m. History: Building C, Room 351

2:30 p.m. Recreational time

4:30- 6p.m. Partnered Therapy, Building B, Suite 128

What the hell is partnered therapy?

The rest is pretty self-explanatory. Isn't group therapy the same as partnered therapy? I'll find out at 4:30, I suppose.

At about fifteen minutes until eight, I get a knock at the door. That would be my babysitter.

A young girl who doesn't look much older than me is waiting in the hallway. She's pretty, like the kind of naturally pretty all girls would love to be.

"Heather! I'm Britney." She says she is pulling me into an awkward hug.

Great! She's the touchy-feely type.

"Let me see your schedule." She says she is taking it from my hands. OK, so it looks like you have math first. You're a senior, right? That means you'll have Mr. Clemons; he's fabulous and not too hard on the eyes." She says, nudging me with her elbow.

Hell, she hadn't even given me a chance to answer her. 

What is with this girl? She's way too happy to be up this early and is acting like we are best friends.

Are we sure she even works here?

I fake a smile and wait for her to calm down and actually show me where we are supposed to be heading.

"So building C is that one over there," She says, pointing to another large building in the back after she leads me out the door. "And Building B is the one right behind it. All of your classes will be in these two buildings, but you can spend your rec time out here or back in your room just wherever you want. There are some classes you can take if you're interested, like swimming, music, art, etc." She says this dramatically, waving her hands above her head. Geez, I know I'm not the most excitable person, but damn, this girl acts like she stepped straight out of a Monster Energy commercial.