Chapter 18 Christmas at Westward ✔️

Every square inch of Westward, aside from the student rooms, is decorated for Christmas

When the light hits the tinsel in the dayroom, it will put your eyes out.

For the past few weeks, the entire place has begun to look more and more like a winter wonderland.

There are more Christmas decorations here than at the North Pole. It is excessive but also breathtakingly beautiful.

After dad died, we never even had a tree again, so I love this.

I don't think Dylan is quite as expressed, but he is happy because it makes me so happy.

It started snowing yesterday and hasn't let up, so unless it all miraculously melts off by tomorrow, I will actually get to experience my first truly white Christmas.

The only thing that would make it better is being at home with Bart and Ann, or at least them being here.

Ann was inconsolable when we talked to them last night. Eventually, a rather hoarse Bart had to take over the call.

They both have the flu and won't be able to make it to spend our first Christmas together.

To say I am bummed is an understatement. We all are.

This Christmas means a lot to each of us in different ways.

Dylan and I have promised each other that we will make the best of it.

We both ordered some presents online, from Dylan's hidden phone, and are having them delivered to Brit and Josh's.

We decided that since Bart and Ann are sick, we should just have them keep all but the ones we have gotten them until we can all celebrate together.

Westward actually let's everyone have a free week before Christmas, other than therapy appointments, so Dylan and I spent most of the time together, but he opts to keep working since there is so much to do to get ready.

I decide to keep my appointment with Dr. Howard today even though it was Christmas Eve and he told me last week it was optional. That man never takes a day off, and I decide it's in my best interest to take advantage of that.

"Well, hello, Ms. Quinn."  Dr. Howard calls out, as I walk in.

I take my usual seat across from him. "Thank you for seeing me today." 

"Heather, you know, anytime you need anything, I'm here."

"Well, it's not really that I need anything; I just wanted to ask you a question and get your opinion."