Chapter 9 Therapy ✔️

I don't know how long we sit here on the bed

I don't know how long we sit here on the bed. Minutes, hours—I have no idea.

My night meds have kicked in full force, and I am fighting to stay awake.

Dylan must see that I am struggling not to fall asleep.

"Do you want me to help you back to your room?"

What do I want? My head is spinning, and my eyes are so heavy. I just want to sleep.

"Can I just lay down here for a little while?" He looks shocked. He bites his lip and nods, pulling the covers around me and tucking me in.

"I will make sure you're up in time to get back to your room."

"Thank you, Dylan." I say, shutting my eyes.

I don't even think my head hits the pillow before I am asleep.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

She's sleeping... in my bed.

This is the exact opposite of how I thought my night would go.

We have shared more with each other than I had intended, but it was very cathartic.

I don't remember the last time I cried, and I've definitely never cried in front of someone like I have tonight.

She is practically a stranger, and yet I was able to open up to her in ways that I didn't even know I could.

It feels strange, but it feels right.

I get my phone out of the drawer and set a couple alarms, then set the alarm clock on the nightstand too, for good measure. Then I lay back on top of the covers and fall asleep.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I force my eyes open.

I feel something heavy on my arm and realize Heather is snuggled up to me, lying in my arm.