Chapter 27 Firsts ✔️

A/N

Time for a time jump.

Moving out on our own is bittersweet

It is hard to think about leaving Mom and B, especially with how close we have all become over the last three years. But it is also the start of our life together, just me and Dylan.

We have both worked hard and saved enough to put a nice down payment on a house in the country.

It needs some work, but that is part of what has drawn us to it in the first place. The bones were strong; they just needed a little TLC, as B says, it's kind of like Dylan and I when we first met.

And the thought of being able to work little by little to fix everything the way we want is very alluring, slowly making it into something that we can call our own.

Today is the day. Moving day.

I don't know who has cried more, me or Mom.

We are only going to be about an hour away, but that hour feels like forever when we are used to being so close.

"Don't cry, B; we will call you every day."

"You better, or we will be knocking on your door to make sure our babies are okay."

"We are both 21 years old, dad," Dylan says with a grin.

"What's your point, son? You'll never be too old for your mother, and I not to worry."

"Yeah, yeah. We will be fine." He says, slapping him on the back.

"We have to get going, babe. The movers are waiting for us, and they can't get in until we get there."

"Oh, don't leave yet." Mom cries, fanning her hands in front of her eyes to dry her tears.

"Annie dear. We have to let the kids go, but they are going to call as soon as they get there to let us know they made it safe. Isn't that right?" He says he is staring a hole through both Dylan and myself.

"Yes dad." I say, stretching up on my toes to kiss his cheek. "I promise we will call as soon as we pull in."

"I'm just going to miss you two! The house is going to feel so empty." Mom continues working herself up into near hysterics.

"Mom, don't be sad; we will be back the day after tomorrow for dinner."

"I'm not sad, son; I'm just, I'm just so damn proud." She sobs, grabbing us both back in for a hug, and B ends up wrapping his arms around all of us.

When we finally get out the door and down to the car, Dylan opens my door to help me in before coming forward to get in the driver's seat. I look over at him as he puts the car into drive.

"Are you ready for our first car ride to our new home?" I ask excitedly. 

He reaches over, grabbing my hand and bringing it to his lips.

"I'm ready for a lifetime of firsts with you."

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

"Oh my Lord, I had no idea we had this much stuff." I huff, half out of breath, as I carry in the last box from the trunk of the car and sit it down in the center of our box-filled living room. I think I would have killed over if it weren't for the movers carrying in 98% of our belongings. 

"How the hell did we fit all this shit into one room at Mom and Dad's?" Dylan asks, stretching his back, which I'm sure is aching as bad or worse as mine.
"I mean, I know we bought a lot of furniture and stuff for the house, but good Lord, I think everything that's in this room came from Mom and Dad's."

"I don't know, but there's no way we will get this stuff unpacked and put away by the time we have to go back to work. Hell, I don't think we will have this stuff unpacked and put away this time next year." I laugh, kicking one of the boxes with the toe of my shoe. I lean up against the wall, thankful for some of the relief it provides.

Dylan moves towards me, talking as he walks. "So what do you say? We forgot the unpacking." He catches his foot on a box and nearly stumbles into me before regaining his balance. "That was so much hotter in my head." He laughs as he pins me between his arms, resting his forehead against mine.

"Oh, you know you're smooth... and hot." I giggle until he distracts me. 

His breath is warm on my skin as he breathes into my neck, placing his lips there, causing me to relax further against the wall. "Let's forget the boxes and go upstairs." He whispers between the gentle kisses.

I nod as he lifts his head, his eyes meeting mine.

Even after all this time, I'm still putty in his hands. He is everything I never dreamed to have before we met, and then after, I could never dream of a life without him.

I brush my hand through his hair, looking up into his eyes.

"Are you okay, baby?"

"Yeah, just thinking about how far we've come and how much I love you."

He tucks my hair behind my ear, his fingers tracing their way down my cheek. "I love you too, more than anything or anyone else in the world."

As he quite literally sweeps me off my feet and walks me up the stairs to our bedroom, I have a million things on my mind, most of all the things he said in the car before we left.

"I'm ready for a lifetime of firsts with you."

He lays me gently down on the bed and begins slowly removing my clothes until I am literally and figuratively stripped bare.

He crawls over me, brushing the back of his fingers up my thigh, my hip, and all the way up to my face.

"You know how you said that you were ready for a lifetime of firsts?"

A puzzled look crosses his face before changing to one of understanding.

"Yeah." He nods. "I meant it."

"I know." I smile, resting my hand on the back of his neck. "But I want more than that."

"Yeah?" He grins down at me. He takes my hand from his neck and brings it to his lips, kissing my fingertips.

"Yeah."

"Anything. You say the word, and I will do anything you ask of me."

I reach up, pulling his face down to mine. "I want a lifetime of lasts." I whisper, pressing my mouth to his.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

End of Chapter 27