Chapter 19 Future Plans ✔️

"Are you sure you don't want to leave? I don't want you to stay here just for me

"Are you sure you don't want to leave? I don't want you to stay here just for me..."

I dont even have to see the intense look she's giving me to know she means it, and I love her for it.

The truth is, she is a big reason that I have decided to stay here even though I can technically leave, but she isn't the only reason.

"Heather, baby, listen." I say, taking her hands in mine. "I wouldn't ever leave you here alone, but that's not the only reason I'm staying. I'm on track to graduate; my grades are better than they've ever been. I'm working. I have four kids I'm tutoring who are all relying on me. I have way too much going for me here to try to leave and start over again at a different school and try to make it work, especially when we only have a few months left before graduation."

"So you promise that you aren't just staying because of me?"

"Cross my heart." I say, drawing an x across my chest. "Like you would actually let me leave anyway." I kid. "I wouldn't make it to the door before you stopped me."

"You think so?" She teases, straddling my lap.

"Mmm. I know so."

"And why is that?"

"Because you couldn't go for months without all of this." I roll to my side, taking her with me, while running my hand down my body, which causes her to cackle.

We lay on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"So what is the plan for when we graduate?" She asks after awhile.

"Well. I want to run everything by you, of course, but I was thinking we could move in with Bart and Ann while we finish school and save for our own place."

"Our own place together?"

"Unless you think it's a bad idea."

"Of course not. I'm just a little surprised, is all."

"How so?"

"I don't know; I guess I just figured that when we left here, you would want to do your own thing for awhile."

"Without you?"

"Yes, I mean no. Not without me, but you always talked about how you wanted to buy your own place and everything as soon as you left. I just thought maybe you'd want to live by yourself for awhile."

"Well, that was before us. And before Bart and Ann decided to "adopt" me, I'd be insane not to take them up on the offer to stay there. We'd actually get to see what an actual family is like, and I'd get to be with you. Every day. No sneaking in and out of my room in the middle of the night."

"Oh, I'm pretty sure I'd still have to sneak out of your room at night."

"Yeah, I don't think Bart would like finding us together; Ann, poor Ann, would probably hit the floor." I say, laughing.