Chapter 14 Emotional Chaos ✔️

Westward is pissed when they hauled us all down to his office, but by the time D, Jeremy, and I have each talked to him individually and tell him the same story, I think he is almost as mad as we are

He seems to have kind of a soft spot for Heather, and I am glad of that because as soon as he hears that Curtis was threatening to rape her, he has him hauled off from here before any of us know what is going on.

Jail. That's where he will be going now. That's where he should have been all along.

I can't believe anyone took pity enough on him to let him have the option of coming here in the first place.

We are lectured for a while for acting out in violence instead of reporting the incident to one of the staff and are assigned some janitorial chores to do after classes end for the next week, but otherwise that is the end of the discipline.

The people around here keep surprising me. I am starting to think I may have had the wrong idea about this place.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

I need to get to Heather.

I have to let her know what happened.

I have to see her. She is the only thing on my mind.

Today hasn't gone as I planned at all.

And the only thing that will make it better is to see her beautiful face.

I walk up to my room and see Josh and Britney sitting outside our doors in the hallway.

They are talking softly about something I can't hear, but the looks on their faces tell me something is wrong.

My mind, of course, goes straight to Heather, and I feel my heart start to race.

"Hey guys, is everything okay?" I ask, trying not to panic.

Brit shakes her head.

Oh God, something is wrong.

"What's going on? What's wrong with Heather? I ask frantic.

Josh stands up and shakes his head. "We aren't really sure, man. All we know is that when everything happened in the cafeteria, she freaked. We saw her run out and then came to find her as soon as everything calmed down. She was locked up in her room, a complete mess. We tried to talk to her, but she refused to tell us what was going on." 

"We figured that maybe you could talk to her. We know you are close, so if anyone can get through to her and get her to open up, it will be you.

"Of course," I say, nodding my head.

There's nothing I won't do for her.

I step between them and start into her room.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎