Chapter 16 Visitor's Day✔️

Today is the first visitor's day

Today is the first visitor's day. Well, actually, visitor's day is every other Saturday, but part of their policy is withholding visits for the first month. It's supposed to help you adjust to life and routine here before your family comes. I was technically eligible for visits last month, but with everything going on with Dylan, or what I thought was going on, I waved my visitor passes.

I do talk to Ann at least once a week and have since I've been here. She is always just as kind and upbeat over the phone as she is in person.

I have really missed her.

I have found out through her that Mom has been put into a rehab program and that Tim has been arrested again for drugs and for arranging to meet up with an undercover officer who was posing as a thirteen-year-old for sex.

She also told me that she has a surprise for Dylan and me when she comes to visit.

I can't, for the life of me, imagine what it could be.

She knows about the two of us—the bad and the good—and told me she supports us 100 percent.

She said she was young once and knew how much of a rollercoaster love could be, but that we seemed to really care for each other, and as long as we were happy, she was happy.

Bart is supposed to come and see Dylan today too. I know he has been keeping in touch since coming here. He still refuses to talk to his parents, and it really doesn't matter because neither one of them has bothered to try to contact him.

He told me that since he was no longer in their hair and soiling their squeaky clean image, they weren't worried about him.

I hate to admit it, but from what he has told me, it is probably true. He isn't bothered, though. He said that he and Bart have always been more like father and son anyway, and I am grateful that he has domeone there for him that actually gives a shit.

I walk next door to Dylan's room and let myself in.

"Hey!" I call out as I come through the door.

"In here." I hear his muffled yelling out to me. I can hear the water running in the bathroom; he must be in the shower.

I walk into the bathroom just as the water shuts off. He grabs a towel off the rack as he steps out and wraps it around his waist.

He looks so sexy with the droplets of water dripping down his large, sculpted body.

"If you were just a few minutes earlier, you could have joined me." He grins, grabbing my hips and pulling me to him.