02 | the barista

Grayson 'Ace' Valentine III
[ sun, oct 30th 7:00 AM ]
Vertex Condos

The alarm rung out for the third time before Ace finally turned it off instead of snoozing it

It was 7:00 AM, and he instantly regretted staying out all night with Phoenyx.

As he sat up and held his throbbing head, he felt the weight shift behind him in the bed. He looked over his shoulder and saw the thick-thighed, tanned woman from the club tangled in his sheets, sleeping.

"Ay," he shook her shoulder. "Time to go."

She didn't open her eyes, "What time is it?"

"Don't matter," Ace shrugged. "Time to go."

The woman groaned loudly but eventually got dressed and gathered her belongings. On the way out, she gave Ace her number, which he blocked and deleted the minute his door closed behind her.

The same thing he did with the countless other phone numbers.

He didn't consider himself a player, because he was always upfront about what he wanted. More specifically, what he didn't want.

Which was a serious romantic relationship, or anything remotely close to it.

The few women that said they could handle a 'no strings fling', always ended up catching feelings or growing attached. So, he kept his encounters short and sweet.

Love wasn't his thing.

Once Ace had painkillers in his system and the previous 12 hours were washed down the drain, he got ready for his business meeting.

The condo's parking garage was the calmest at this time, so he was able to quickly slip into his blacked out Range Rover and make it onto the highway before the traffic became congested.

XXX

[ 8:38 AM ]
Spade Realty

[ 8:38 AM ]Spade Realty