05 | cut off

Zolina 'Zo' Smith
[ sat, nov 5th 9:22 AM ]
Town Square Apartments

The paintings on the walls slowly came to life as the sun climbed the windows and consumed the apartment

The paintings on the walls slowly came to life as the sun climbed the windows and consumed the apartment. Zolina was sprawled out on her shaggy rug, mentally trying to plan her day off from work.

The only thing distracting her, were the heavy snores coming from the other side of the room.

She was awoken at 4:00 AM, by a drunk Craig crying against her front door. He didn't deserve the kindness, but his blubbering mess of apologies made her feel bad.

She didn't want him driving home in that state, but now— five hours later, the guilt had worn off and she regretted the entire thing.

All she felt when she looked at Craig, was the assault. And now, since she had been finally avoiding him, all he did was call and text her non-stop.

Sighing, she got up and made her way to the kitchen as her stomach grumbled. With the ingredients she found, she was able to put together a decent breakfast in a short time.

When she slid the final pieces of bacon on to her plate, she heard rustling behind her.

"When did you get out of bed?" Craig wrapped his arms around her and she almost folded at his touch.

He was shirtless and had his hair down, which fell around her shoulders. Zolina walked out of his hold and sat at the island with her food.

"Wasn't in it," she said coldly. "Didn't sleep."

"Oh, word," he opened a few drawers until he found the one with utensils. "My bad about last night."

After grabbing a fork, he helped himself to some of the eggs on Zolina's plate.

I know he did not just...

"Can we talk?" He said, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"About?"

"This shit," he pointed between them. "Us."

"Us?" Zolina replied sarcastically. "You can't be serious."

"I am," he nodded. "I fucked up, okay? I know that. I just— We were just good like last week."

"Were we?" She squinted at him.

It was all good just a week ago, she rapped the Kanye lyrics in her head. Niggas feel they selves.

They were never really 'good', which is why they weren't together. The care that a random customer at work was showing her, was more than what she received from someone who she put in two years with.

Someone that she loved, and who she thought loved her too.

Craig walked around the island and stood in front of her, placing his hands on her thighs.