33 | return to sender

Omniscient
[ tues, feb 7th ...minutes earlier ]
'Casso's - Art Gallery

(11:10 AM):babyseriously? 🤦🏻‍♂️you know i gotta call Ace right?

(11:10 AM):
baby
seriously? 🤦🏻‍♂️
you know i gotta call Ace right?

(11:11 AM) My Miracle👑:
i know i know!
but i had to give her enough time babe
do you have to tell him right now?

Lucas sat on a stool in Zolina's gallery, watching her and Indigo move around while he texted his girlfriend. Being the only man in the room, he wanted to help, but he also thought that it wasn't his place.

The friend circle had been dismantled ever since Zolina and Ace cut ties; the atmosphere of their group outings changing completely. If Ace was around, Zolina made sure not to be. Once he realized that she was avoiding him, he just stopped showing up altogether.

Gatherings morphed into double dates; Demetrius being with Trinity, and Lucas with Miracle. Not wanting to be a fifth wheel, or entertain a random woman for longer than he needed to, Phoenyx would frequently opt out.

Indigo and Roxanne would pop up occasionally, but because of the closer bond that they shared with Zolina, they spent most of their time with her.

It was the saddest form of irony. Two people met and were able to create amazing relationships by bringing their friends together. Now, those same friends were doing their best to prevent them from crossing paths.

Until today.

(11:13 AM):
i owe him loyalty baby
its not just personal, it's business too
i can't witness this and tell him after the fact

(11:13 AM) My Miracle👑:
sigh. you're right

(11:14 AM):
and you really lied and used me to do this?
you know how messed up it could be if he thinks i had something to do with it?

(11:16 AM) My Miracle👑:
i didn't mean to use you Luc...
that wasn't my intention 😣
im sorry for lying
ill tell Zo right now while you call Ace?
please don't be mad at me ❤️

(11:18 AM):
alright Mir
ill talk to you later

(11:18 AM) My Miracle👑:
okay..
im really sorry Lucas

When Miracle called Lucas that morning and said that Zolina needed help with the gallery, he had no problem meeting up with her. It made sense to him; she wasn't speaking to Ace, and Lucas was his business partner who helped find and secure the property.