17 | mother knows best

Omniscient
[ thurs, nov 24th, 🦃 6:49 PM ]
The Valentine Residence

There was a comfortable silence between Zolina and Ace on the drive to his childhood home, mainly because they were both lost in their own thoughts

Zolina normally spent the major holidays with the Hamilton family, but with them out of the country this year, and an unexpected open invitation from Ace— she was having dinner with the Valentines.

As much as Zolina argued with him about it, Ace wouldn't take no for an answer. He wanted her there— with the other people that he cared the most about.

But now his thoughts were scrambled.

No matter how much he tried to label the situation as merely a thoughtful gesture, he was bringing someone home. To meet his mother.

Something he had never done.

Gwen gon' eat this shit up, he thought.

Passing through the gated entrance, Ace continued driving up the winding hill with his right hand resting comfortably on her thigh.

"How you feeling?" He watched as she ran her fingers through her hair, exposing her anxiety. "Why you stressin'?"

Um, because I'm about to meet your fucking mom?! Zolina thought.

"I'm not." She lied.

"Just relax, Mama. They ain't mean like me, I promise."

After parking his car near one of the many garages, Ace walked around to Zolina's door and helped her out of the car.

The black dress she wore was fitted with long sleeves, and stopped mid-thigh. It was simple— but on her, the sleek fabric wrapped around her curves in such a way that he was finding it difficult to control himself.

"Wow." Zolina tilted her chin up as she gazed at the beautiful mansion ahead. "This is where you grew up?"

Ace nodded, his nerves a wreck as he guided them up the stone steps with his hand on the small of her back.

She shifted her weight to avoid her heel slipping into a crack between the cobblestones, and he supported her as she leaned further into him. Feeling her against him was an addicting sensation. One that he couldn't get used to, or get enough of.

The slight pressure of their bodies pressed together made Ace's heart beat faster than he'd ever admit to anyone living on Earth.

The front door swung open before he could twist the key in the lock, and the two were greeted by his younger sister.

Here we go, he thought.

"About time you— Oh! Holy shit." Gwendolyn gushed when she saw Zolina.