07 | pop ups (pt. II)

Zolina 'Zo' Smith
[ tues, nov 8th 5:50 PM ]
Two Sugars - Café

With ten minutes left in her shift, Zolina felt like she could finally breathe

The day had been a blur since the Thanksgiving drink specials were announced; causing double the regular amount of customers, and triple the amount of pumpkin flavoured, bullshit coffee orders.

In addition to being the only one on the clock that had the new recipes down, Zolina was also training the new barista, while Ashley continued to prove that she was useless.

Her chaotic day would only calm in the brief breaks when she would sneak off to look at her phone.

Until they exchanged numbers a few nights ago, the relationship with Ace seemed almost like a fantasy. Like a work husband, except he was a customer.

She had learned minor details about him; he was 26-years-old and worked in real estate. It became clear that he had deep pockets when she noticed that each time she saw him, there was a different chain swinging around his neck.

But after their first (and currently last) time making physical contact at The Purple Lounge, things between them became intimate, fast.

| yesterday |

(8:17 PM) Ace☕️🖤:
you be working too hard ma
what's yo shift tomorrow?

(8:20 PM):
so ive heard lol
10-6

Ace☕️🖤 disliked '10-6'

• • •

| today |

(12:48 PM) Ace☕️🖤:
lil baby
how's work?

(1:16 PM):
busy asf 😓

(1:22 PM) Ace☕️🖤:
lemme know if you get any rude mfers

(2:07 PM):
lol, rude like you were?

(2:37 PM) Ace☕️🖤:
damn 💔
i thought we were passed that

(4:13 PM):
we areee, i was playing lol
but... no iced coffee today? 😔

(5:58 PM) Ace☕️🖤:
lol you miss me ma?

Zolina's cheeks got hot as she read over the message he had just sent.