fourteen

His friends were waiting at the school's entrance for him. This day would go down in history as the first time Jisung showed up on time on a Monday. "I can't believe my eyes," Jeongin screamed and pointed at his friend walking towards them. 

"You know I could just turn back," Jisung said and hit his arm. Changbin snickered and threw an arm around his shoulders. They began walking towards the changing rooms.

 "Don't you need to stop by your locker, hm?" Jisung looked at Changbin's wiggling eyebrows for a second and then raised his fist. "Don't you need to stop babbling bullshit?" The group giggled.

 Changbin had lost control of his eyebrows as Jisung opened his locker. The others followed his lead. As Jisung (hiding the note in his pocket) turned back around, he was faced with three boys violently wiggling their eyebrows at him. Jisung's eyes stayed glued to Minho for a second before he flipped all of them off. 

"I hope you get a cramp in your eyebrow muscles." Then he strutted away.

 The group laughed and caught up to him. "I'm sorry to inform you, but I don't think eyebrow muscles exist." Minho nudged him with a smile playing along his lips. "Do I look like I care what you think?" Jisung joked and nudged him back. His body copied the smile of the other against his will. 

--

The coach was knocked out of his socks. Han Jisung being on time for his lesson? A dream come true. 

The boys were sent the usual rounds around the gymnasium. What felt like days later, they sat on the ground waiting for the next command from the teacher. "We're playing dodgeball today."

 Jisung groaned. "Whyyy?" Jeongin next to him fake cried on his shoulder. 

Changbin and Chan got up to pick teams. And they couldn't be trusted. Jeongin and he reached for the hands of each other, standing on opposite teams. The coach blew his whistle. 

"I am too young to die!" Jisung said as he was standing under the constant attack of the smelly orange/red rubber balls. He heard Jeongin screech. "No no no no NOOOO." 

As Jisung was dodging as many balls as possible (he wouldn't even try to pick one up or catch one) he wasn't very aware of his surroundings. Till he crashed into someone. Not the cute way. The way that both of them were running into each other, and being thrown to the ground by the force. 

"Look were you're going!" The coach screamed.

 "I was just trying to catch it!"

 "Are you kidding me Hwang? That was attempted murder." Jisung was dramatic. But he needed an excuse to leave the field. And Hyunjin was just collateral damage. The blond-haired scoffed but held his hand out to help Jisung up. He refused and stood up himself.

 The game went on.

 "Are you okay?" Minho jogged to the corner of the field where Jisung barricaded himself. Jisung nodded. "It won't be more than a bruise tomorrow." The boy looked at him like he was asking "are you sure?", so Jisung nodded. "Trust me." Minho mumbled something to himself and patted his shoulder before turning around. 

One of Chan's deadly throws flew to his stomach. "Take that Minho!" Chan screamed from the other team. "I'll take revenge!!" Minho screamed back. 

The rest of the class was spent with more torturous games. And somehow Jisung and Jeongin never got into the same team. The teacher really hated them.

 At the end of class, they gathered around the coach once more. "Good job boys! Don't forget to drink some water when you're changing. I don't want any teacher complaining about you sleeping because of me again. Understood?" The boys monotonously answered yes. "Off you go then!" 

Jisung skipped towards the exit. 

"Hyunjin, could you stay behind for a moment?" The coach's voice sounded once more before Jisung slipped into the changing room. 

"I'll go take a piss very quick," he said to Jeongin, before heading to the toilet. 

That was a lie. But was he going to change in a room with half-naked boys, sweaty half naked boys? Nope, not today. 

So for the next ten minutes, he counted the tiles on the wall in the bathroom, inspected all the things written on the door with sharpie, realized that there was no toilet paper in his cabin and most of all, his thoughts keep circling around Minho.