twenty six

Turns out he was wrong. What happened in the bathroom wasn't making him cringe, it wouldn't let him sleep that night. That's what he was assuming as he tossed in turned, careful not to move over the line in the middle of the tent. 

Hyunjin was sleeping safely and soundly next to him. The moon lit the blue tent up, shadows of the trees and branches dancing over his head. Jisung put both his hands behind his head and watched. 

But his feet never stopped moving, rolling his ankle and letting some bone crack over and over again. There was a slight pain poking in his back. Jisung could feel the material of his sleeping bag rub against his legs. Static was beginning to form between the sheets and his leg hair. An uncomfortable feeling.

Jisung sat up. He rubbed his face with both hands and yawned quietly. "Fine..." Realizing that none of this was ever going to help him sleep he started to move. He took his slippers and climbed out of the tent. One last glance to Hyunjin and off he wandered. 

Jisung crouched and tip-toed past the teacher's tent and the entrance of the big community boy's one. The wind rustled in the foliage and hugged Jisung in a mild embrace. One of the first summer nights he had experienced this year. 

Was it because he never left the house at night this year? Or was it because he never got the chance to slump around the camping sight all alone?

 It really felt like that. Jisung kicked a stone. The noise echoed around the place. 

Jisung headed towards the lake. He took his shoes off and walked towards the water. Close enough to let his feet soak, he sat down. 

"That's nice..." He felt like he had to say something. The silence in his ears was too loud. It was moments like this, or when he was home alone for too long when he feared if he doesn't talk he'll lose his voice. Jisung couldn't make sense of it either. But it was what it was.

He admired the view ahead. The water reflected the sky. The clouds turned into soft pillows, stars a wobbly image of themselves. But the mood shone just as bright as it did when Jisung leaned back into the sand. 

Goosebumps covered his arms. It was so peaceful at a time when the boy thought he was going crazy. Sharing this would be nice..

A smile stretched across his tired face. His mind started drifting off. If he was to share it with someone... 

They'd be laying side by side in the sand, pointing out things they could see in random stars above. Discussing if the brightest one is a star or just a plane very far away. Or maybe a satellite. He'd hold their hand and move his thumb across their knuckles. They wouldn't have to be sneaky about it. No one was seeing them anyway. 

They wouldn't have to be sneaky about the smiles that were forming on their faces as their arms were touching. As one of them spoke what both of them were thinking. As they would be kissing. Oh so softly. 

Jisung's smile turned foolish big and he couldn't hold back the giggle in his throat. Time passed and he watched the moon move across the sky. 

Just when his eyelids got too heavy to keep them open, he stood up and shook the sand out of his hair and clothes. 

Walking back to his tent, Jisung couldn't help but smile to himself. He was such a cliché teenager. And at this moment, he loved it. 

(do we like where this is going? is this getting boring? just lemme hear your thoughts on this :D )