thirty one

Jisung would never understand how you could pick cleaning the whole boy's tent rather than going on a hike. They didn't even have to be in a group. Like you could roll up that hill if you wanted to. 

At this point, Jisung was alright with just chilling with his newfound friend(s). Which soon turned out to not be an option, because ash and the whole Changbin-led group were going to jog up that hill... and make it an exercise. "To walk out the soreness from yesterday" they had explained before starting their way around the lake. 

Jisung looked around. The rest of his friends and Hyunjin disappeared on him like some ninja type of shit. And even the girls didn't want to go just yet, as it was the middle of the day and the sun was painting the back of their legs and necks a bright red color. 

Jisung put one headphone in and decided to go by himself. The Bruno Mars album playing and with a slight pep in his step, he smiled. There were small drops of water dripping from the bottle in his hand, down his fingers. This could be okay. 

"Hey! Wait up!" 

He stopped, perplexed. He heard footsteps approaching and a labored breath.

 "You..." deep breath in, "You wanna walk together?" Now turning his head, Jisung saw Tom. This kid... Jisung smiled a little and nodded. "Whenever you're ready." 

So they continued walking after Tom stabilized from that sprint. (it wasn't more than a few meters but Jisung was the last person that was going to say something about it). 

Tom's face was a few shades lighter if that was even possible. Everything down to his toes in his sandals was shining from the heavy sun cream he used. Tom laughed and made a terrible joke about it. It was self-explanatory why. 

Then again, it was rare for Jisung to be the more outgoing person in a 1 on 1 conversation. He didn't know how to act.

"So how do you like camp so far?" Tom wasn't even looking at him while answering. His stuttering got better when they reached the hill, maybe because Jisung himself was panting slightly.

"So I'm guessing you prefer colder weather?" Jisung asked. 

There was no path to walk on. Instead, they walked through uncut grass. It tingled every time it would brush past his legs. The wind picked up once they had no trees around them. When no one was talking, the noise of the trees and grass moving to its soft blows and here and there even a butterfly crossing their way was enough to make it less awkward. At least for Jisung.

 To be completely honest with you, Tom kind of slipped his mind when Jisung looked across the sight and just took it all in. But whenever he looked back the Ginger would send him somewhat of a smile, his eyes fluttering to prevent the sun from burning them. Jisung jumped but played it off.

--

 They reached the top of the hill. "Jesus Christ I'm hot," Jisung said and let himself fall into the grass. Tom sat down next to him, panting and frankly nodding his head. 

Jisung took big gulps from his water. "You want some?" He asked, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. Tom took it. "It's not cold anymore, but better then nothing," Jisung said. 

He pushed his hair back, stretching his neck for the sun to kiss his face. They would need to walk the same way back. But right now, Jisung didn't feel like moving. Moreover, he'd rather take a nap right here. Even if he was going to be mad sunburned. So he laid back all the way, the green not as soft as he wished for but working nonetheless.

 "I have a question Tom." At this point, he knew he couldn't go wrong with anything, as the other boy rarely replied with words. He turned his head to look at him, the sky surrounding his figure like the background of a painting. "Why are you so quite?" 

Tom looked at him, eyes wide. "When you're around??"