thirty four

What the fuck. That's a good summary of Jisung's state of mind the whole next day.

 He was nibbling on his breakfast with zero appetites. He knew without giving Hyunjin a look, that his whole group sat at a different table today. He didn't tell them... did he? He swallowed his orange juice hard, falling into a coughing fit afterward.

 And today was supposed to be fun. The boys were talking about all the fun things they could do, now that the other school wasn't at the camp no more and they had the beach all to themselves. Jisung just sat there, slumped together, the conversation flying right past him. 

His friends didn't try to ask for the reason for his behavior. Jisung had his mood swings and he rejected all help previously. He wished someone could help him. 

--

Sitting at the beach and staring into the sand, he really thought so. Like anyone was going to read his mind and figure out what was up with him. 

Jisung stopped trying to get the sand to stop sticking to his sunscreen-covered self. But gave up after a minute-long fight. 

He had no book, his phone in the dry safety of his tent. There was nothing to do for him except sulk and overthink. Like that was going to help. More conflict.

 Everything in Jisung was pure conflict. He knew there was no good use for him to be like this and that he should probably get his ass up and at least pretend like he wanted to be there. But he couldn't bring himself to do so, the second he saw Hyunjin laying on the floatie flamingo sunbathing. 

A teacher sat down next to him. "Hey pal!"

 Oh lord please help him. 

"Why are you not in the water? Are they being mean to you?" J

isung had to hold his smile in and just shook his head. "No I'm okay sir. I'm going in, in a minute," he got out between deep, calming breaths. 

"Just know that if they're bullying you or saying anything like that, the teachers are here to talk, okay?" So the rumors must still be going. Or at least finally reached them. A weird feeling rose up inside him. 

"Yeah thank you sir," Jisung smiled. Either way, Jisung had to leave this situation as quick as possible. "I'll get going," he added, taking his shirt and flip-flops off before speed walking to the water. 

"One of y'all  make room on them floaties, I don't wanna get wet."

He looked back, knowing damn well the teacher was observing him. Jeez he was no animal in the zoo, let his teenage problems be his problems.