A Long Night

Lunch was finished and we began our trek back to Hogwarts. Harry and Astoria excluded of course. Ginny and Blaise were a few feet ahead of us giggling at something random. I turned to Draco and smiled down at me. During lunch all I could think about was 'what are we?'. Seeing the two couples all loved up made me overthink every instance of when Draco and I had been together recently. We literally just slept together last night. That's it. If we don't count the night we shared at that party that is....he's been acting strange. Well strange to me I guess since I've never seen him like this. I'm trying keep Ginnys voice in my head telling me to just enjoy and don't think...but it's hard. I sighed trying to ignore the million thoughts in my head.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked stopping me by stepping in front of me.

"Nothing," I said. I didn't want to cause any issues between us. What if he didn't want to be in a relationship? If I said something, it might ruin what we have...whatever it was.

"No, somethings wrong. Please tell me," he said cupping my cheeks.

"I..."

"Mia, just tell me darling."

"I guess I just...I was wondering...what exactly we are..." I trailed off. I looked anywhere but his face. I didn't know how he would react.

"You're my girlfriend, duh." I looked back at his face confused. I was dumbfounded.

"Huh?" Maybe I did overthink this whole situation.

"Do you not want to be?" He asked with his face falling.

"No! Of course I want to be, but you never asked me, so I didn't know that that's what you wanted."

"Oh well, I thought it obvious I wanted to be with you." I rolled my eyes at his sentence. Men.

"Well you kind of have to ask Draco or I would've never known," I sighed trying not to laugh at his face. He wore a look of confusion and shock. He groaned but grabbed my hands.

"Mia, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. I giggled at his exasperated face. Typical Draco Malfoy.

"Hm I'll have to think about it," I said and began to walk away. I didn't get far as he grabbed my wrist pulling my back to his chest.

"Nuh uh, you're mine love," he whispered in my ear.

"I wouldn't want to be anybody else's," I said back.

———

I paced the isle of the library, book in hand, pen between my teeth in thought. I was working on my advanced charms essay that was due in two weeks. I always stayed ahead on my studies. Better to not be stressed.

It had been three weeks since Draco officially asked me to be his girlfriend, and life has been pretty good. Once everyone got over the initial shock of it all, they came to accept us as a couple. All except Ron. He is still throwing a fit over the whole situation. Harry had gone back to training and Astoria had joined us in our little group of friends. Every lunch period we sat at the gryffindor table. Our group included myself, Draco, Ginny, Pansy, Blaise, Theo, Astoria, Neville, Luna, Dean, Seamus, and whoever else wanted to join. It really was showing house unity as McGonagall had mentioned many times passing our table.

Right now, I am struggling to find the correct book to assist me in writing my essay. I have pulled down five books by now, and none of them are what I need. I huff sitting back in my chair at the table I have claimed as mine. The table is located toward the back of the library. This way, I'm away from anyone and everyone who might bother me.

"Hey Granger," a voice speaks through the silent night. I look to see who it is, and wish I could apparate away.

"What Cormac?" I seriously did not want to deal with this douche tonight. I started gathering up my stuff and putting books back where they go, so I could leave.