Back to Normal

Draco's POV

I winced as I fluttered my eyes open. What happened? I try and move, but I stop when I feel a throbbing pain at the back of my head.

"Ow...fuck," I say sitting up ever so slowly.

"Hey D." I look to my right and see Blaise sitting beside me.

"What happened?" I asked. My voice was sore and hoarse.

"You've been in a coma mate," he said leaning forwards. "Your dear old dad shot you and Hermione with a hard stupefy. You collided with a stone wall and cracked your head open. You've been out for a week." At the mention of Hermione's name, I begin to panic. As if reading my thoughts, Blaise opened his mouth once again. "Relax, she's right there." He points to my left. I turn my head and see her asleep. She is sideways in her chair with her book laying against her chest. I relax seeing her unharmed. Hearing her little snores brings a smile to my face. "Your body protected her from any major injury. Of course that's how you got your concussion and broken ribs. The worst she got was a sprained wrist."

"Mia," I say leaning toward her. Blaise grabs my arm gently, stopping me from moving anymore. "What?"

"Don't wake her."

"What?" Is he crazy?

"D, this is the first time she's slept in days." At his words I lay back into my bed. I nod understanding why he stopped me. "It took two full days of Cissy pestering her to get her to go home and rest. Cissy watched her like a hawk. The most she got her to do though was shower, change, and eat."

"Where is my mother?" I ask. I didn't see her at the manor when I was fighting with father.

"She's at the Burrow with Molly. They've become thick as thieves those two." I chuckle at the thought of the two older witches bickering like old friends. "I should probably call her." Blaise stood and moved closer to the bed. "I'm glad you're okay Draco. I don't know what I would've done if something happened to you." I grab his hand and squeeze. Blaise and I don't normally outwardly show our emotions toward each other. Once he walked out the room, I looked back to the sleeping witch. She was safe. I closed my eyes, falling into a peaceful sleep.

———

When I woke next, I could hear Hermione flipping through pages in her book. She was muttering and grumbling angrily. From what I could pick up, she had lost what page she was on while sleeping.

"Stupid fucking sleep...lost my damn page...bitch of a book....what the hell." I turned my head to my left watching her flip the pages. Her face was focused in on each page.

"Granger, you stare at that book any harder and it will burst into flames." I watched as she jumped and through her book when I scared her. She turned slowly toward me.

"Draco...." She jumped up out of her chair and onto me. I winced at the impact, but I couldn't help the chuckle that came out. "You're awake!" I wrapped my arms around her as she cried.

"Mia, why are you crying?" I ask pulling her face from my shoulder.

"You remember me," she said holding my face with hers. I was more confused.

"Of course I remember you. What do you mean?"

"The healers said you might have brain damage or amnesia. I was so scared you wouldn't remember me." I wiped her cheeks as more tears fell. I pulled her face to mine, pushing my lips against hers. "Of course that wouldn't have changed anything. I wouldn't have left your side. Even if you didn't remember me. I would have spent days-"

I cut her off pressing my lips to hers. I felt her body melt into the kiss. Even though it hurt, I wrapped my arms tighter around her. She pulled back sporting the biggest smile I had ever seen. I placed my hand on her cheek enjoying the silent moment. The moment didn't last long when a clearing of a throat drew our attention to the doorway. In the doorway stood the Weasley twins, Ginny, Blaise, and my mother.

"Don't mind us," one of the twins said.

"Just enjoying the show," said the other. I rolled my eyes.

"Draco, darling, I'm so happy you're awake!" My mother made her way over. From then on it was person after person hugging me. I never knew I would have so many people that care about me in my life. I smiled at that fact.

———

"Draco dear, how lovely to see you!" Molly hugged me the second she stepped out of the floo. It was New Years Eve and we were all having a lovely dinner at my mothers. After everything that happened, we all agreed that we should spend this holiday together. We did miss Christmas after all, but we were having our own tonight. The Weasleys were staying in a few of the many rooms we had, Blaise and Ginny in one, my mother in hers, and Hermione and I in mine. I actually felt quite excited about the whole situation. I've never had a big family Christmas.

"Hello Molly," I said pulling back from her hug. She smiled and pinched my cheek.

"My boy, you really must eat more. You're too skinny!" With that she shuffled past me and to the kitchens where my mother and the other women were. Next out of the floo was Ron. I didn't move from my spot as I scowled at him. Hermione insisted I talk to him. I couldn't understand women for the life of me.

"Malfoy," he said nodding his head. I nodded back. "Can we talk?" I looked at Blaise, and he stood from his chair. I turned to the door with both men on my tail. When we reached the hall, I turned back to them.

"What?" I will admit I snapped and had no emotion in my voice.

"I just wanted to apologize to both of you. I talked with Mione and I realized how wrong I treated you all. I know we have a bad past, but you two really seem to have changed and I let my opinions get in the way." I couldn't help the shock that fell on my face. Who knew the Weasel could be an adult after all. "I'm still calling you ferret though." Blaise snorted from behind me.

"Forgive and forget, Weasel." I smirked. Maybe we could get back to normal after all. Once Blaise and Ron walked back to the lounge, I smiled to myself. Before I could make it back to the door, I was pulled to my left. I noticed my witch tugging me down the hallway at a fast pace.

"Hermione, what are you doing?" She didn't reply, but kept pulling me. Once we reached my room, she opened the door quickly, locking it behind her. I didn't get to say another word as her lips attached to mine.

"We haven't had a moment alone since you got back from the hospital. I want you," she said grabbing at my shirt. Suddenly forgetting all the guests downstairs, I lifted her up, throwing her on the bed.