Narcissa

A/n: last chapter was boring, js. I'm getting to the drama I swear lmao! Thank you for reading!

Draco's POV:

I smiled at the sleeping witch beside me. We had just gotten on the train and she instantly crashed.

"Did she not sleep last night?" Ginny asked me from her seat. I just shook my head.

"She was too worried about today. I honestly was ready to just tell her we could stay at Hogwarts, but she refused to listen to me." I sighed running my hands through my hair.

"She's nervous. She's worried about your mother and how she'll react to her." I looked at Ginny who gave me a sad smile.

"I know...but the thing is, my mother is one of the most loving people on this planet. She isn't hateful like my father. She's been working to prove that everyday since the war. I understand why she's scared...I just don't know how to comfort her."

"Mate, I think she just needs to discover how Cissy is herself. We know your mother is a wonderful person, but she doesn't. The only experience she's had with Cissy was...well was the war. Even before that she never met your mum. Once Hermione sees how Cissy is, then it'll all be okay." I smiled at Blaise.

"Since when did you get so good at pep talks?" I smirked. He shrugged throwing his arm around Ginny.

"I've always been the best of us two. Just admit it already."

"Over my dead body," I chuckled.

"That can be arranged," Ginny said shrugging.

"Gin!" Blaise said trying not to laugh.

"What? I'm still mad at his dumbass for upsetting Mione." I just shook my head. "Anyways, are you sure you're okay with us staying the first night?"

"Yes of course. I know it would help Mia. Having you there would make her feel more at ease. However, if she doesn't feel comfortable, she will go with you to the burrow." Ginny looked at me surprised. "Her happiness is all that matters to me."

"Okay, you're slowly making up for your idiot mouth." Ginny smirked. I watched as Blaise snorted, laughing at his witch.

"I could watch you two bicker all day," he said. Ginny elbowed him causing him to spill his drink. I couldn't help the laugh that came out at his expression. The couple began to bicker at how Ginny 'ruined' his pants.

"You have magic you dolt! Use it!"

"I wouldn't have to worry about cleaning it, if you hadn't of spilled it!"

"Watch it Zabini!"

"You watch it, Red!"

"How about you both watch it!" Hermione said waking up at their level of tone. I looked over to see her annoyed face at being woken up.

"Oh boy, you two have done it now," I said laughing.

———

"We are here," I said standing to grab our trunks from the rack above us. Blaise followed suit, grabbing his and Ginnys. We shrunk the trunks, sticking them in our pockets. The girls followed behind us as we exited the train. Once we reached the platform, I turned to Hermione. "Are you sure you wouldn't rather go back to Hogwarts? Or to the burrow?"

"Draco, I said I was going to spend Christmas with you and your mother, and I intend to fulfill that promise." She smiled at me.

"Alright, but still, Ginny and Blaise will be staying with us the first night."

"Really?" Her face lit up. I nodded smiling down at her. She turned to Ginny and hugged her.

"It was ferret's idea," Ginny said smirking at the nickname. Hermione turned back to me squeezing me into a bone crushing hug. I wrapped my arms around her, kissing the top of her head.

"Thank you Draco," she whispered.

"Anything for you Mia," I responded.

"Alright, let's go you two. There will be plenty of time for that once we get to Cissy," Blaise said. I pulled away from her flipping him off. He just rolled his eyes and shoved my shoulder. "Are we apparating?"

"Yes, we just need to get out of here and we can go." I said leading our small group out of Kings Cross. Once outside, I led them to a secluded alley. "Are you two alright with side along apparation?"

"I'm fine with it, it makes Hermione a bit sick," Ginny said. Hermione gave me a shy smile.

"I'll be just fine."

"Are you sure Mia?"

"Yes Draco." With that I nodded to Blaise. He grabbed Ginny's hand while I grabbed Hermione's.

"Here we go," I said as I apparated us to the chateau. Once Hermione and I landed, I grabbed ahold of her as she regained her balance.

"I just need a minute," she whispered with her eyes closed. She looked as if she would puke. Note to self, Hermione and apparation, no go. "Okay I'm good."

"Let's go then," I said grabbing her hand. Blaise and Ginny had landed about a foot from us outside the gate. When Hermione looked up, she gasped.

"It's beautiful!" She said as her eyes scanned over every inch of the place. It wasn't as big and dreary as the Manor. I liked that though. This was home.

"Holy shit Draco," Ginny whistled. "Can I move in here?" I just chuckled as we continued up the walkway to the gate.

"Come on, Cissy is probably worried we got lost or something," Blaise said tugging Ginny's hand

"Come on, Cissy is probably worried we got lost or something," Blaise said tugging Ginny's hand. Once we reached the gate, we made our way up the small drive to the front door. I pushed open the door, allowing the others to enter before me. When I closed the door and turned around, I met silence.

"Weird...mother usually meets me in the foyer when I come home. I wonder where she is," I said walking in a bit further. "Mother?" I raised my voice slightly, but was met with more silence. She never leaves the house without telling me where she's going. She never once said she would be leaving the house today. In fact, she said she was staying here to prepare for our arrival. Something wasn't right. "Somethings wrong," I said.

"Yeah, something definitely doesn't feel right," Blaise said from beside me. His face was etched with concern. He practically lives here and sees my mother as his own. He knows her as well as I do.

"Mia, Ginny, stay here. Draw your wands. We will be right back," I said turning to the two witches. Suddenly alert, they pulled out their wands and nodded. I looked to Blaise who already had his wand drawn.

We ventured into the house, making our way toward my mothers study. If she were anywhere, that's where she would be. When we reached the door to her study, it was slightly cracked. I pulled my wand out of my pocket, inching my way to the door. I looked into the room, to see no one. Blaise shrugged pushing the door open.

"Mother?" I questioned again. Walking to her desk, I noticed many things were out of place. Mother is a tidy person, she would never leave a room like this.

"Draco...you need to see this," Blaise said from the door. When I looked to him, he was staring at the back of the door. I walked over to see a note clinging to the wood.

'Made you look.'

"DRACO! BLAISE!"