Another Day, Another Secret

I smiled at my reflection in the mirror. Today was the first day of classes and I was elated! I was ready to hit the ground running. Get as many assignments as soon as possible so I could knock them all out! I'm sure if Ginny heard that she would gag. I grabbed my bag and wand and headed for the door. As soon as I closed my door, Draco's opened. Great. Luck was not on my side.

"Well hello Granger," Draco said then gave me one of his classic smirks.

"Malfoy."

After that, nothing else was said. We waited for the stones to open, then went our separate ways. It seemed like everything has gone back to normal between the two of us. We have barely spoke since yesterday morning, and we avoid each other.

I was excited for today, but I was also terrified. Ginny made me promise her I would finally break up with Ron. No matter how hard I tried to deny it, I deserved better. Ron is a great friend, but not boyfriend material. I didn't get to see him yesterday, so I'm not exactly sure when I'll see him today. Hopefully I don't have any classes with him. I probably will, but a girl can hope.

"Hey Gin!" I smiled as I sat down at the Gryffindor table. I didn't get a response so I looked at her again. She was staring off. "Gin?" Nothing. "Ginerva!" She jumped and turned towards me. Instantly her cheeks turned red.

"Sorry, what?" I gave her a look.

"What were you looking at?"

"Nothing!"

"Nuh uh. Now you're answering too quickly. Out with it." Ginny hesitated contemplating what to do.

"Come with me." She grabbed my wrist and yanked me out of my seat. I barely had a chance to grab my bag. She started leading me down a random corridor.

"Gin where are we going?" Soon she came to a stop. We sat on the nearest window ledge. "Ok why are we here?"

"I just didn't want to tell you where there could be prying ears."

"Tell me what?"

"Who I was staring at," Ginny said quietly.

"Ohhh so it was a who not a what. So who was it?"

Ginny mumbled and coughed.

"I'm sorry what?"

She mumbled again.

"Gin just tell me!"

"Blaise Zabini."

My eyes widened. What the hell? Of all people she was staring at Blaise? I was so confused. I knew it wasn't Harry. After a little fling in the past they decided they were better off friends. Honestly them trying to have a relationship was just plain awkward.

"Why were you staring at Blaise?"

"Because he's beautiful..." Her face was beginning to look like her hair. "Please don't tell anyone! Idk why but I've started to fancy him a bit. He's so cute! Plus he's super sweet and I've never met anyone like him!" I smiled at her.

"Gin, I'm not going to tell anyone." I chuckled at her dream filled eyes. "Why don't you, I don't know, talk to him?"

"Mione I don't think he's into someone like me," she whispered.

"Oi Red!" At the sound of a male voice our heads snapped behind Ginny to two slytherins walking our way. The topic of our conversation and his ferret friend. Once they reached us, Blaise stood beside Ginny. "How are you?" He asked with a grin. I watched Ginny blush as she opened her mouth to speak.

"Hey Blaise, Ginny has a big crush on you. Maybe you guys should go out? Maybe bang her brains out" I shrug and turn to run. Fast.

"HERMIONE IM GOING TO HEX YOUR BUSHY HEAD TO HELL AND BACK YOU BITCH!!!" Ginny screamed from behind me. I just laughed and ran to the heads common room for safety. I hadn't showed her where it was yet, so I was safe. Once I had reached the common room, I fell to the sofa giggling. She's gonna kill me or thank me the next time I see her. At the sound of the common room door moving, I jumped with my wand drawn.

"Easy Granger its just me!" Malfoy said raising his hands up. I sighed and lowered my wand.

"Thank fuck."

"You know Granger, I have heard you say more swear words in this past week than I have ever heard from you since we met." He laughed sitting next to me.

"Yeah well, a lot has changed. I no longer feel the need to censor myself." I shrugged. I turned my head to look at him. He looked calm. Gone were the strained and stressed faces he made before the war. He almost looked...content.

"You're staring Hermione." I jumped when he said my name. I can't lie to myself, I love hearing my name fall from his lips. Thinking of him speaking my name, I got a flash of last night when he moaned it. I turned my head and bit my lip. I honestly would like to hear it again, but it can never happen.

"I was not," I said. He laughed and stood up. He stepped in front of me and leaned down putting his hands on either side of me, resting in the back of the sofa.

"Yes you were darling," he whispered, close to my face. I could feel his breath and smell his cologne. "That's alright though," he paused bring his mouth to my ear, "I don't mind." His lips grazed my ear as the words let his mouth. I shivered getting turned on by the man in front of me. He stood straight once again, smirked, and walked out of the common room. I took a deep breath staring at the brick wall he had just walked through. Yep, definitely going to be a long year.