Out of Danger

Draco's POV

"Oh gods Mia," I said into her wild man's of hair. I tightened my arms around her. Things could've been a lot worse. She was just gone for a day and half. How she had managed to get notice to me in that time, I would admire forever. I heard her sniffle and went to look at her face. Before I could even move her head away from my shoulder, we are flying through the air. My back slams into the stone wall with Hermione slamming into my front. We both fall down wincing. I cough trying to regain my breath.

"Shit!" I hear her say standing to her feet. I try to stand as well, but stumble back to my knees. I shake my head. My eyesight is blurry. I try to focus, but nothing changes it. I hear my heartbeat in my ears. I cough again.

"Mia?" My voice sounds distant. What happened? I wince as I reach up to rub my head, but touch warm liquid instead. When I move my hand back in front of my blurry eyes, it's red. The fuck?

"Draco," I hear someone say. Someone comes into my vision, but I can't tell who. I just see a blob of color. "Draco!" I hear as my eyes close and I slip into darkness.

———

Hermiones POV

I squeeze Draco's hand from the very uncomfortable chair beside his hospital bed. After I had hugged Draco, Lucius had found a way to break from the bindings Draco had casted. He shot the spell that sent us into the wall. The wall that caused Draco to get a concussion. I had knocked Lucius out before he could do anymore damage to anyone. I survived a fucking war. Lucius should have known better than trying to harm me.

As soon as the smoke cleared, I had tried to help Draco, but he passed out. Harry had found me not long after followed by all the Weasleys and Blaise. They had found a handful of death eaters in the manor. Once they had all been binded, Harry had gone to the Ministry. He went alone and faced any trouble coming his way for not contacting the aurors immediately. After getting reprimanded, Lucius Malfoy and the other death eaters went back to Azkaban. Lucius Malfoy was sentenced to receive the dementors kiss in two months time.

Blaise had lifted Draco and apparated us to St Mungos. As soon as we had landed on the floor, they took Draco away on a gurney. It took hours to find where they had sent him. Along the way I had found Ginny and Ron. Ginnys leg was in fact broken. Thanks to the wonderful world of magic, her bone had been binded and it was if nothing had happened. Narcissa had been with them as well, all bruises and cuts gone. It was her who finally found Draco. She yelled and yelled at anyone who wouldn't show her the way to her son. I refused any treatment until I got to see him.

When we found his room, I had sat myself in the chair beside his bed. I didn't move. The healers healed any bruises and cuts I had while I sat beside him. Narcissa had come and gone, finally convincing me to go to her home and rest. I had ate, showered, changed, and returned back to his bedside. I didn't sleep much to the chagrin of Cissy.

Today marked a week since he's been out. No updates from anyone. The large gash in the back of his head had been healed. He had cracked his skull when he hit the wall. He had also had two broken ribs from my flying into him. My wrist had a slight sprain, but other than that, Draco had protected my body from the hit. The healers had said there are possibilities of him having brain damage, amnesia, and other things I ignored at this point. I just prayed to Godric, Merlin, God, whoever was listening. If he had amnesia, that means he could possibly not remember me. If he had brain damage, he could possibly not speak for the rest of our lives. I'd never hear his voice again. There also the possibility he would be severely disabled from the brain damage. I had cried and cried. I assured Narcissa I wasn't going anywhere, even if he was stuck in a chair the rest of his life.

"Hermione dear," I looked up to see Molly entering the room, Narcissa on her tale. The two women had become inseparable in the week Draco had been here. Molly was a friend when Narcissa needed one. I smiled up at the two women.

"Hi Molly," I said standing to my feet. She wrapped me up in one of her wonderful hugs. "How's Gin?" I asked her. Ginny had gone home the day after we were found. Blaise hadn't left her side according to Ron.

Speaking of Ron, we had made up. He apologized over and over again. He felt guilty for all he said and did. I forgave him and now we are back on good terms.

"She's great. She misses you," Molly said rubbing her hands up and down my arms. I nodded in understanding. I hadn't seen anyone since the day Ginny left St Mungos. Well, I've seen Narcissa and Blaise. He came and checked on Draco once a day.

"I miss her too, but-"

"I know sweetie." She cut me off knowing what I was going to say.

"Here Hermione," Narcissa said handing me a box. "We brought you something to snack on."

"Thank you Cissy," I said smiling. She insisted I call her Cissy the first evening we sat waiting on Draco to wake. Tonight was no different. Molly and Cissy sat with me for a few hours, then headed out. Cissy had spent many hours at his bedside, but she was handling this a lot better than I was. Her argument was that he was alive and safe. I tucked my legs in my chair as I opened my book back up. I was working on my fifteenth book since I've been staying here. I yawned flipping to the next page. After a while, the lines began to blur together. I laid my head back on my pillow and fell into a deep sleep. My last thought being I was glad we were out of danger.

A/n: I NEED YOUR HELP!!!! I am currently working on the sequel to "My Knight in Tattered Armor", my other Dramione story, js, and I need help! I need a baby name! The baby will be Ginny and Blaise's, and it's a boy. I'm stumped on what name I should go with. What are your suggestions?

If you haven't read My Knight in Tattered Armor, I highly suggest you do! I kinda already spoiled blinny and them having a whole ass kid, but eh.