Rewritten Temptations

I'm almost finished rewriting Whore and this is the next book on my list and yes I'ma finish it this time. Here's a sneak peak of the rewritten chapter one.

When Jean and Rue were driving to take Rue to school, her little sister noticed a McDonalds along the way.

"I'm hungry Jeanie," Rue said.
Jean searched through her wallet, only find a five dollar bill. . 

"I guess two dollars wouldn't hurt me," she thought to herself.

Jean sighed, "Do you want a sausage biscuit?" She wanted Rue to always have a normal childhood, so, she tried her best to not like her understand their true reality.

"With grape jelly please!" Rue's jumped in her seat belt as her eyes lit up with excitement. Luckily, Jean was starting a new job today as executive assistant of a home tech company.

When she drove into McDonalds, the drive thru was packed. So, Jean didn't want to be late on her first day. So, she decided to go into the lobby.

"I can take next in line," the cashier said waving Jean over. Jean threw her head back a little from the tone, " Ummm... I just need two sausage biscuits."

"Two eighteen ma'am!" the cashier said.

"Oh and can I have grape jelly too please!" Jean asked while she was taking out her money. The cashier instantly rolled her eyes.

"Two eighteen!" she said bluntly.

Jean handed her the five dollar bill and while she waited for her change, a voice called her name.

She turned around and Jean's bestfriend from high school was there smiling hard at her. "Hey bitch!" Neve said embracing with a hug. "Where have you been hiding at! I haven't seen you in forever!" she added.

When Jean's parent's first died, Neve snuck Jean and Rue into her basement because she didn't want the state to take them away. However, they ended up getting caught because Neve's parents thought she was pregnant because she was "eating" so much food.

"Neve, you know all I do is work!" Jean admitted.

"Girl, you always been a workaholic!" Neve teased. For Jean it was either work or be homeless, she never have a chance to just take a moment and breathe.

"But guess what?" Neve said as shoved her hand in Jean's face. Jean covered her mouth with her hand to gasp.

"Darius?" Jean questioned. When Jean seen the ring, she became confused because she just seen Darius with another woman the other day.

"Of course, who else would it be?" Neve asked.

"Ticket one hundred and five!" the cashier called out. Jean checked her ticket and it matched the numbers.

"Neve, I have to go but let me get your number," Jean said handing Neve her phone. They both smiled at each other before Jean headed out the door to drop Rue off at school.

...

Jamie stood in the mirror contemplating, "Which one?" he asked putting a red and blue tie towards his chest.

"The blue one is a little too dark," Reign said as she was coming out of the shower. He studied the ties for a second, "You're right baby," Jamie kissed her on cheek.

"That's all I get?" she asked dropping her towel and spreading her legs on the bed. Jamie crawled in between her legs and kissed her on the neck.

But their fun time was quickly interrupted when Jamie's phone ranged. Jamie rolled to answer his phone but Reign tried to grabbed his hand to stop him.