Chapter 5

(Jasmine )
Jamie Pov :
"Good morning sweetie." I said as I kissed my soon to be wife. "Good morning " she said returning the kiss. "How did you sleep beautiful?" I asked getting ready for work. "Wonderful future husband and you?" she said with a simper. "Good, future wife." I said with a laugh. She got up  to stand in front of me, "Guess someone is in a better mood ." She said wrapping her arms around my head. "I am," I said "And that's why I got a surprise for you." Excitement hit her eyes.  "What is it?" "You'll find out after work." she sigh and pouted "Okay baby" and headed back to our bed.  As soon as I arrived at work my mind floated towards that girl. I needed to say sorry.  I walked into the building and went straight towards her office. I knocked and waited until she said come in.  Her eyes shot me a look "Can I sit down?" I asked with a smile. "It's basically your building."  She said pointed her hands to the chair. "You're right" I said smirking . She rolled her eyes. What did I do now. She definitely hates me. I thought to myself. "Excuse me for one second, Mr. King " she said as she left. As she got up from the seat. I noticed that she got a new outfit. Today she wore a pink and white knee length skirt, that showed off her curves,  A white dressy shirt that she tucked in. Gold earring, shoes and necklace. She looks so good today. I shook the thought out my head knowing i'm not suppose to think like that.  I looked around her office and I was impressed, so really made this her home. She walked back in and sat down. I could tell she was angry about something. So I tried to watch my words. "I see you got some new clothes, that's good." I said with a smile. She squinted her eyes "What's that suppose to mean?" "Nothing!" I said quickly. We sat in silent until I burst out and said "Look Jean, i'm sorry for how I acted last week.  I just wanted to apologize for my actions. I was having a bad and I took my anger out on you and that was wrong of me. And to show i'm sorry I want to take you out for lunch." Umm...Do I have a choice?" she said.  "Of course you do." I said grinning. "Well no thank you." My heart dropped, I couldn't believe she said no. But I told her see could get fire If she didn't.

JEAN POV:

Text messages:

Mya:Hey Jean you want to go shopping today?

Me: Yeah, I just got paid. But Rue is coming too.

Mya: That's fine. See you soon.

We met Mya at the mall around 3. "Hey beautiful" Mya said while hugging me. "Hey sweetie, I missed you so much. "Hey Rue, how are you" she said smiling at Rue. "Good" Rue said grabbing Mya's hand. She loved Mya, she was like our second sister. She used to always come over before our parents died. "Thank you Mya for inviting me. I really needed some new clothes for work and Rue needed some new shoes." I said sincerely. "Speaking of your new job how is it? I heard you're working for King's Entertainment. Tell me about it."She said stopping. "I mean it's great, the pay is decent, the people are nice but his son is an asshole. I swear." I said feeling anger enter my body. "C'mon what rich man isn't but you have to admit he's so fine. " she said as we entered a store. "How could you stay mad at a man like that? she was right he was fine, "What did he do to you anyways?" Picking through clothes I said " The asshole hit me with a door on my first door and didn't even apologize basically said that he was better than me." After a while of shopping we headed to the food court. "Sooo..." Mya said "What?" I responded. "You've been checking your phone all day, who's the guy?" She started to giggle. "His name is Peter" Rue notify Mya. "He must be cute, if he's dating you. I wanna see picture now." she said smiling. I showed her some pictures and said replied with "Damn...  that's why I always loved me some chocolate." We both laugh and we went to get our food.
.
.
.
The next day when I arrived at work everything was good until my phone rung.

*Ring Ring*

"Hello"

"Yes is this Miss Pelton?"

"Yes this is her"

"i'm Rue's principal and i'm calling about your sister's behavior.

"What do you mean?"

I knock at my door interrupted my conversation.

"Hold up for a second"

"Come in" I said not knowing who was at the other end. Oh look it's the devil I thought. "Can I sit?" he asked ."It's basically your building" I tried to say with a smile. "You're right" he said with a smirk. What an arrogant asshole I thought while rolling my eyes.  Thinking about the phone conversation, I asked if I could be excuse for a minute.

"Okay, i'm back"

"Recently Rue has been disrespecting teachers, not turning in work and this is unexpected for a student like her. Is something going on at home?"

"What are you suggesting? That i'm hitting her, doing drugs or all the above."

"No ma'am i'm not saying that at all."

"Well ma'am look don't worry about Rue anymore. I'll talk to her and trust me anything will get better ".

I headed back to my office. Surprisingly he was still there. I thought he would at least try to leave.  I sat there waiting for him to say something.  "I see you got some new clothes, that's good" He said with a smile. What the fuck? Is he saying my old clothes are raggedy. "What's that suppose to mean?" I say with an attitude. "Nothing!" He nervously said. We stood there quiet for a while until he asked me for lunch. But I quickly declined his offer. "What do you mean no" He asked surprised.  "Okay you seem tp be confused personality I don't like you. So why would I go anywhere with you? "
"How about this because technically, I'm your boss and I can fire you." He said getting up. "See you at 12."