Chapter 16

Jamie Pov;

"Jean, please don't go. I need you!" I begged as I watch her pack her bags. "You don't love me Jamie " I knew I fucked up but I started to become more desperate as I watched her stuff her suitcase.
"Baby, I love you so much. You know that!" I looked around at our condo. She had totally destroyed it. My clothes were scattered everywhere, our pictures broken, she even poured out our milk.

"Well you don't love me enough." She continued to pack not once looking up at me.
"You have no where to go." I pleaded.
"I'll stay at a hotel." My mind began to wonder about how unsafe a hotel would be for a baby.
"You can't live in a hotel with a baby... especially not with my baby."
"Then I'll find a house for me, Rue and the baby."
"NO JEAN!" I truly did love Jean, I'm in love with her. I can't just let her leave at least without a fight.
"Don't fucking get mad at me because you fucked up!" I noticed her face turning red and her hands started trembling. "I can't believe I was so stupid to think your ass was different."

"YOU KNOW WH...Baby, I'm sorry. I made a mistake." I tried to pull her close to me but she pushed me away. I needed to feel the warmth of her body again.

"Don't fucking touch me Jamie!" She started to lightly punch my chest.
"I HATE YOU!" She yelled. "I HATE YOU, I HATE  ... OUCH!" she cringed her stomach.

"Baby what's wrong?" I said cuddling upon her.

Jean Pov:

"Good news; the baby is doing just fine." Doctor Sargent said walking in my room."But you aren't. Ma'am your blood pressure is to the roof. Have you been under a lot of stress lately?"

"Well my fiancé cheated on me and got another woman pregnant."

"Wow, I'm so sorry about that. Any man who would cheat on a beautiful woman like you must be insane." I could tell through his eyes that he genuinely did feel sorry for me.

"So y'all gone act like I'm not standing right here!" Doctor Sargent gave Jaime a light smile and said, "My apologizes, I thought you were her little brother." He held out his hand towards Jamie's. Instead of shaking it back, he tried to grab my hand but I pushed his away.
"Can I just take her home or are you going to ask my fiancée on a date next?"

"I'm sorry brotha seriously, I wasn't trying to overstep it's just procedure to try to make the patient feel better."  Jamie kept his eyes on the doctor watching to see his true intention.

"But no, I need her stay overnight, to monitor her levels and if it goes down by morning she's free to go."

"Do you want me to stay with you?" Jamie asked
"No." I answered firmly.
"Baby please stop acting like this, I don't want you to stressing anymore than you need to." I could tell that this was killing him but I wasn't ready to forgive him. I'm not sure if I ever will be.
"Just leave please...."

"Okay, see you in the morning, I love you." He said kissing my cheek and leaving.
.
.
.

"How you're feeling?" Doctor Sargent asked .
"Better ." He started writing on his clipboard.
"That's wonderful." He gave me a gentle smile and then the room got quiet for a moment .

" Can I say something that's off the clock." I gave him a confused look but I was still curious about the what he would say.
"Sure, I won't tell if you don't." I giggled.

"Your fiancé seems like an asshole." His comment made me sigh. Yes, Jamie did cheat on me but he was never an asshole. Never put his hands on me, never called me out my name. Even if I provoked him, he still treated me with respect.
"He's really not once you truly get to know him ."

"Are you sure about that ?" He asked sitting in the chair in the room. I started thinking about when he first hit me with the door.  Asshole. When he forced me to go lunch with him. Asshole. When he tried to hide me from paparazzi cause he wanted me to be his secret. Asshole. Or the time when he kissed me knowing I was dating Peter and trying to get over him. Asshole.

"Well maybe just a little bit. But he's mine." We both began to laugh and till it simmered down.

"You really Love him, don't you ?"

"Yes, of course but..." I said sadden

"But what?"

"Can you keep something confidential?" I looked down at my belly. I was so ashamed.

"Yeah, you have my doctor's word."

" I've been keeping something from him and I feel like it's the reason our relationship been declining."

"What exactly?" He hesitated for a moment.

"Can you pass me my purse?" I pulled out a crumbled up envelop. His eyes quickly examined the words.
"HIV center?" His face was full of confusion.
"It's a long story. Can you just open it for me? I've had it for weeks and been too scared to open it." He ripped the letter open and I watched as he read over it.
"What it say ?" He paused for a brief moment, which made me body tense a little.
"Tell me!" I yelled at him.
"You're negative."