Chapter 9

Jean POV:
"Damn babe. You're looking good enough to eat." Peter said licking his lips. "Thank you " I said with a laugh. "How long are you going to gone" he asked. "I don't really know. Never been to one of these events before"  I replied honestly. "So I shouldn't wait up?"  He said placing me in his lap. "No, I heard sometimes these thing last forever." I said getting off his lap. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing " I lied.  "Is it Rue?" He asked. I ignored his question. "I have to go, we can talk about this later" I kissed him on the cheek and left. When I arrived chills filled my body I was so nervous that I headed straight to the bathroom. "Jean!" A familiar voice called after me.  I turned around and there was Sydney. "Love the dress!" Sydney said checking me out. "You look amazing too." I said smiling at her. "How long have you been here?"

"Oh not long at all" I replied. "Well come and sit with us" she said with a smile. "Okay" we headed out the door and immediately I noticed Jamie. I tried my best to hide behind Sydney hoping he didn't see me. "Hello everyone this is Jean Pelton" Jackie said introducing me to the table. "Nice to meet you " I said with a wave. I sat down and to my right was a woman name Bailey. Then there was a man named Dave. Another man name Jacob. "So you work with Sydney?" Dave asked. "Kinda, I'm the new assistant and she works in sales. But same difference really ."
"What about you?" I asked. "I'm a lawyer." he replied. "So if you're every in some trouble give me call." He handed me his card
"Do you enjoy your work?"I said curious. "Yes it's long hours and nothing and but dedications but I see it like this. You have to be a morally good person. I believe everybody makes mistakes and sometimes we all deserve a second chance." he replied. "And with every case I try to remember that. And that's why I never lose."

"Wow, that's very impressive. I definitely going to give you a call." The whole table laugh.

Some people live for the fortune
Some people live just for the fame
Some people live for the power

"I love this song" I said with excitement . "Wanna dance?" Dave ask.
"Of course" I said with a smile. He lead me to the dance floor as I wrapped my arms around his neck . I couldn't concentrate because Jamie was staring us down.He twirled me around within the music and dipped me with many random beats. "Excuse me" a voice said from behind me. "Can I squeeze in a dance with the pretty lady." I watched as Dave left and Jamie locked his hands with mines. "What the hell are you doing?" Jamie whisper. "Jealous much" I asked. He spin me around and said "No but I just want you to myself. You're mine." I rolled my eyes and said "Sorry, I'm already taken."
Fuck Peter " he whispered in my ears. The music stop and I tried to head back to Sydney's table but Jammie grabbed me. "Come and meet my mom" he said basically dragging me to the table. "Mom this is Jean, she's our new assistant" I reached my head to shake hers but all she did was look at me in disgust. "Do you want to have a seat" she asked rudely. I looked at Jamie but he didn't say a word. I sat down and to my right was an empty seat, his mom, brother then Jamie. "Where's your dad ?" I asked Jamie. "That's all girls like you worry about " his mom said. "What's that suppose to mean?" I responded with an attitude "You know exactly what I mean, my ex husband loves fucking little slut ass assistant like you" she snapped at me. "That's probably the only reason why you still have this job."
"Mom! She's not like that " Jamie said defending me. "No it's fine Jamie, With all due respect ma'am. Yeah I may have this job because I'm beautiful but the reason I kept it is because I'm actually hard working. I have a drive, a reason why I want to keep this job. And maybe y'all would still be married if you wasn't so got damn boujee with that ugly ass dress on. " I said before I got up and left the table.

Jamie Pov:
"Mom that was  unacceptable " I said  "That was unacceptable? What about what she said to me.Why are you defending her ?" she question. "No reason" I sighed. "Oh, don't lie to your mom baby." A familiar voice said walking towards the table with my dad. "I thought you said you couldn't make it tonight."I said trying to hug her. She pushed me out the way and I watched as my dad help her to a sit and kiss her . "Dad what's going on?"  I said confused.  "Oh, Baby you didn't tell him?" She asked a smirk forming across her face. "We're dating now?" She laughed. "Every time you kissed me, that was your dad's dick in your mouth."

"I can't believe you'll scoop this low, my fucking dad" I yelled. By now everybody was staring at us. "What does it matter ? You're fucking your dad's assistant. And that's lower than low. She's nothing but ghetto trash. " she said loud enough for everybody to hear. "No I'm not! We never had sex!" I said honestly. "You're such a liar " she said slapping me. My body became heated. "Oh and by the way she's fired starting now. You see how easy it is to make things happen when your have a pussy." She laughed. You know what, you're not even worth it." I said as I walked away.