Chapter 12

1 week later

Jamie Pov:
Jean slept with my last night and even though we didn't have sex. I feel like it made us more connected. I know something happen that day but she won't tell me. "Good morning sleeping beauty." I said smiling at Jean. She looked so beautiful when she wakes up. "Morning." She mumbled. I admired her as she poured a bowl of cereal. I guess she noticed me smiling at her cause she gave me a look. "What?" She ask placing a spoon full of cereal in her mouth. "Nothing, it's just you're so beautiful." She started to blush a little , "You're say anything to get in my pants ."

"Woah, hold on now Jean. You have a boyfriend and I respect that. Speaking of him." I said flipping through channels . "Is he okay with you living here for a while?"

"He's not my boyfriend anymore." She said concentrating on trying to get the last few cereal on the spoon. "We broke up actually." My heart was relieve, I was single, she was single this was my chance to make everything right between us. "What happen?"

"I just found out he wasn't what I thought." She admitted. "Did you love him?"

"I don't know." She came to sit beside me. "All I know is, one day I'm on top of the world and the next I'm not." Jean placed her head on shoulder. "For once in my life I want something to go right. I lost my parents, I lost my sister, I lost my job, I lost my apartment and now I lost my boyfriend and my best friend. Basically have nothing to live for." She started wiping tears from her eyes. "Go get dress." I demanded. "I wanna take you somewhere."
.
.
.
"Really?" She said getting out the car. "You really wasted two hours of my life for this. Really four if you count the ride back.

"Jump

"Jump." I said following behind her. "What!" She asked puzzled. "You said you have nothing to live for, so this is your chance to end of your pain." I pleaded. She was quiet for a long time, so I picked her up and threw her over my back, "Put me down Jamie!" She yelled at me punching me in the back. "Hitting me is only going to make it worst." I yelled. I walked us all the way to the edge until we were a foot away from falling. "Or you can take this chance to really take in life and remember that you're not alone. " I said putting her down, I crossed both my hands behind her back for support and pulled her close to me. "Listen, Jean I know you lost your apartment but now you're living in a penthouse, rent free, no bills. Meaning you can save more money to maybe buy your own home and having enough money for your grandparents to let Rue come stay with you. " I slowly started to step back, " And yeah you don't have a boyfriend anymore but you have me, we may not be together but Ima always be there for you and support and love no matter what . I can be your best friend, if you want me to." She just stared at me. " And yeah I know you have a crappy waitress job right now but I want to offer you a new job."

"Im not doing anything sexual." She said serious. "It's not sexual." I started to laugh. " I'm going to start flipping houses and I want you to be my assistant. I'm going to need help when I start renting out my houses. Now it's a salary job and it pays 100,000 a year." I gently bump into the car, "Just say yes and you can have the job. You're the most qualified person .... " She interrupted me with a kiss. "Thank you." She said. "But you didn't have to scare me half to death just to say this!" She playfully punched my arm. " Look I'm still shaking!" She held out her arm.