Chapter 13

(Kellie)

1 year later
Jean:
"You got two minutes before I reach over this table and beat your ass." Mya text me 411, when we was in high school, that meant, " We needed to talk in person, it's urgent!".

"Look Jean, I don't know how to say this but..." She tapped on her glass making me even more annoyed. "Bitch, if you don't split that shit out!" I yelled causing a few people to look our direction. " I have HIV..." She whispered

"Okay? You're a nasty hoe what you expect?" I said almost getting up from my seat. " I got it from Peter." She quickly let out.

Her words made me skin crawl. My resentment for Peter grew even more. "Peter didn't think I should tell you, he doesn't even know I'm here. I'm only doing this because I still love you and I hope one day we can continue being friends." A smile seized her face. She really overstayed her welcome with that line. I lifted my hand quickly as she kept talking. I struck her face making a tear rolled down. I ran out the door with tears following behind me. There was no remorse for her, I wasn't crying because I felt guilty for hitting her, I was crying for Jamie, I didn't know how to tell him, I do tell somebody you love that you might have gave them HIV and that you're pregnant and your baby might have it too.

Jamie:
Jean didn't come to work today, she told me she didn't feel good. Meaning I spent the whole morning bored.
*knock knock*

"Excuse me sir, Can I come in?" My secretary Kellie ask peeping into the door. "Of course, Ms.Speaks."

"I couldn't help but notice, you've been coped up in this office all day. Would it be out of line if I took you out for lunch?" She said with a smile. "No.. No. that's fine with me." A big smile come across my face as I locked some papers in my desk. Nobody has every asked to take me to lunch. I think it's because they were too scared to ask.
.
.
.
"Your hair" I said wiping my mouth. "What? You don't like it." She said saddened. "It's so big and beautiful. Jean's hair could never get like this. May I touch it?"

"Here!" She pulled out some germx and squirted some in my hands. She gently guided my hand towards her hair. "It's so soft." I said with a smile. " I never been with a fully black woman before, that's why I so intrigue with your hair. I due apologize if I overstep my boundaries."
She took a bite of her food, " How come?"

"Ever since I was young my father I always used to tell us, not to date black women basically because of stereotypical reasons and it would mess up our image. His image was way more important than his family. It suckers because I feel like I messed the opportunity to date beautiful women. I just wonder I different my life would been, if I had someone as beautiful as you on my side." She started to blush, " Aren't you in a relationship with Jean."

"Of course, I love Jean, that's my baby. But it's nothing wrong with giving someone a compliment."

"Of course not!"She said rubbing her hand.

Jean:

"So when's the baby due?" My grandma said as soon I walked in. "What are you talking about?" I said playing dumb. "Jean I had a dream about fish. And I know Rue isn't pregnant and you're my only other grandchild." A big smile slide across my face. "November 7."

"Oh, so this a valentine baby?"I bursted out laughing. "Grandma can you chill."

"Have you told the father yet?" My mood quickly changed knowing that my baby might have HIV. "You're pregnant?" Rue said breaking my thought. "Is it a boy or a girl?" Rue said getting excited. "She doesn't know yet. Hopefully A little girl." My grandma said smiling .