Chapter 10

2 Months Later
Jean Pov:
"Thanks for letting me stay here!" I said unpacking my clothes. "The bills were becoming too much."

"Listen, Jean." She placed her hand on my shoulder. "You can stay here as long as you won't. I mean what are friends for anyways." Every since I lost my job, it felt like I lost everything. "You sure Richard Isn't going to mind?" I said curious. "Well, he's with his wife through the weekend days and comes here on Saturdays. And we usually just go to a hotel."

"Wait, he has a wife? I thought y'all were engaged." I sat on the bed to face her. " Well we're waiting on their divorce to be finalized and then we'll start planning for the wedding." At the moment I wanted to tell her how dumb she sound. Even a blind person could see past Richard's bullshit. But all I could do is smile and support Mya because even if I tried to tell her the truth, she wouldn't listen. "Well you already know ima be your maid of honor."

Jamie Pov:
"I still can't believe you quit." Tre said entering my apartment. "Well, believe it. Im never going back." I said opening the fridge to grab some drinks. "What about money, what about your future?" He took a drink from my hand. "Yeah, dad froze my account but I still have enough put away." I said sitting down. "Maybe I could just get a job." I said rubbing my head. "Hell no!" he yelled. "A King working a regular job. Just ask dad for your job back."

"Honestly, I hated working there. All dad did was pick a fight with me." I sighed. "And I just don't understand why, I did everything for that company and he goes and take my girl."

"Really nigga? Don't play innocent, don't act like you was trying to hit dad's assistant. You wanted that ass." He said with a smirk. "Taking her out for lunch, the way you tried to dance with her at the Gala, you even wanted her to meet mom. It was all in your grill, you were definitely over Jass."

"I mean, I still love her but Jean made me feel alive. She made me feel happy again." I said not noticing I was smiling.

"Well let's go find her." He stood in front of me. "What!" I said confused."If she's that important to you , we need to go find her before it's too late."

"Get your ass up Jamie." He grabbed my arms.
.
.
.
"Jean!" I said knocking on her door. "JEAN!" I yelled. "Excuse me brotha!" A man said walking towards me. "What are you doing?"

"I'm looking for Jean." I said facing him. A stared at me before saying, " You're Jamie King."

"Oh, so you're a fan?"I asked holding out my hand. "No." His face turned serious. "You're were trying to take my girl."

"So you're Peter?" I asked unamused. "Yeah, that's me." He crossed his arms making him flex his muscles. "Why are you looking for Jean."

"I need to talk to her." I said sternly. "Well she doesn't live here anymore but whatever you need to tell her, you can tell me and I'll give her the message." He gave me a look. "I don't want no trouble, I'll just go." I said walking towards the car.

"We got an issue?" Tre asked while I sat down. "Nah, it's cool bro." I said sighing. "We're just at a dead end."

Peter Pov:
"Jean's in her room. " Mya said when she open the door. "Thanks." I said walking pass her. "Wassup beautiful ." I kissed Jean lips. "Hey baby." She said smiling. "How was your day?" I asked sitting on the bed. "Good, yours?" She asked. "It was going good until I seen that clown nigga." I said getting mad. "Who baby?" She asked sitting up. "Jamie King, he had the audacity to come to the apartments looking for you."  I watched as her face changed for happy till dull. "Did he tell you want he wanted?"
"No but why should you care?" A confused look covering my face. "I mean, I don't." She quickly let out. "Better not." I said laying beside her.