Chapter 6

(Mya)
Jamie Pov :

Five minutes has past and she wasn't out here. Where could she be I specifically said 12:00. "There you are." I said as she came out the building. "You're late" I frowned. "Well i'm sorry to inform you but the world doesn't revolve around Jamie King . Your dad gave me extra work so I had complete it." The fact that she bought my dad up made me sick. "Whatever let's go" I said. I took her to Donjay's, it's a soul food restaurant in the south of New York. She look at me surprise "What do you know about soul food"? she questioned. "You act like im not black ." I said with a smile. Even though this was my first time eating it. "But a preppy black man look like you never anything fried a day in your life." She said staring at me. "Hello welcome to Donjay's I'm your waiter for today, Mike. Do you guys know what you'll like to drink?"

"Can I have a sweet tea" she said showing her pearly white teeth. "What about you sir?" he asked me. "Red wine would be nice" I answered. "Oh sorry we don't sell that here." I look over at Jean and she looked embarrasses, "I'll just have a sweet tea too." I said. As he walked away. I picked up the menu, fried chicken meal with two sides, baked pork chops smothered in gravy, chicken pot pies.... Everything sounds disgusting. At least they have salads. I looked up from my menu and watch as she flipped through hers, man even the way she looks through the menu is perfect. She caught me staring and I panic, "Do you know what you want?" the employee said handing us our drinks. Thank god he came because I didn't know what to say. "Umm.. yes I'll have the salad." he look at her and asked "What about you ma'am?" "I'll have the baked pork chops smothered in gravy with a baked potatoes and macaroni." she replied. "Alright it'll be out in a jippie." I watch him leave the table and she just stared at me. " You know" I said clearing my throat. "Why did you really bring me here" she said changing the subject . "I just really felt sorry for what I did." "Right and the sky isn't blue." she said crossing her arms. "What's your problem ?" I snapped at her making everyone stare at us. "I'm trying to make things better." "Oh" she snapped back. "You think that buying me lunch is going to change the fact that you're such an asshole and you think you're better than everybody else." She's right. I thought to myself I am an asshole. She put her head down and said "I'm so fired aren't I"? "What? No" I said covering my face. "You're right about me I am an asshole." She didn't say anything back I can tell she was thinking." Can we just start over? I promise you I won't be an asshole."

"Sure" she replied. " Hello I'm Jamie King " I put out my hand to shake hers. "Hello i'm Jean Pelton. " She said shaking my hand back.Our food finally came and I stare at hers and the words "That looks disgusting" slipped out. For the first time she laugh and said " Rich boy you know nothing about real food, don't knock it until you try it." she cut a piece of pork chop and placed the fork in front of my mouth. "C'mom just one little bit." I looked up into her eyes and they were sparking. "One condition." I said smiling. "You have to come eat lunch with me every Monday."
She thought for a moment, "Deal" she said hovering the fork to my mouth. I hesitate at first but I tried it "Wow" I said "That's was amazing. "See, I knew you would like it."

Jean Pov:

My lunch with Jamie was great he wasn't such an asshole like I thought. When I walked into my office Mr. King was waiting for me. "Is there a problem sir" I said entering. "Where were you ?" He demanded to know. Frighten by his tone I said "Jamie took me out for lunch today."

"You know he's getting married" he said crossing his arms. "Yessir I did but it isn't like that " I tried to explain. "Yeah, but that's what it seem, if I find out that you and my son are having relations I have no choice but to fire you " he said leaving. I sat at my desk and starting filing paperwork when I received a text from Peter.
Text message:
Babe ❤️: Guess What?
Me: What?
Babe ❤️: You have to guess
Me: Idk just tell me.
Babe ❤️: I miss you
Me: I miss you too 😘
"Woah, I never seen you smile that hard before " I looked up and there was Jamie . "What do you want?" I said putting my phone down. He looked nervous "ummm.... I know we just became friends and all but in a couple of weeks my dad is hosting a gala and I wanted to know if you want to come with me ?" I raised my eyebrows " Like a date?" I questioned. "No, no!" He said "I just want us to go together." I looked at him like He was crazy. I could tell he was not use to the word no. "why don't you ask your wife ?" He rubbed his forehead. " Look she's not my wife yet and plus she said couldn't make it."

"And you want me to feel sorry for you " I said with an attitude. He sat down and sigh "Look Jean , my mom is going to be there and I just wanted to impress her. And you're so intelligent, charming and you're like the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. And I know you're the only person who can do it." Did he just say I'm the most beautiful girl he ever seen. I started to blush " I'll think about okay" "Thank you " he said touching my hands. I completed my work early and headed to pick up Rue.
.
.
.
"Bye Ms.Parker" I said waving as Rue entered the car. "Rue we need to talk." I said looking through my mirrors. "Your principal called today. She said you've been misbehaving? What's the problem?" She didn't say a word "Rue talk to me" I said sincerely. "I'm not mad I just need to know." "I HATE YOU JEAN!" She yelled. My heart quickly broke. "I WANNA GO LIVE WITH GRANDPA! IT'S YOUR FAULT!" She said. "What's my fault ?" She never answered me. When we got home I called grandpa told him what happen and now Rue is staying with him for a while . "Bye Rue" I said as she left but she didn't even want to look at me. I tried to call Peter but he didn't answer, so I left him a text. I began to cry thinking about what just happen. I tried to call Mya she didn't answer either. I took a shower and just laid in the bed for while then I called Jamie.
"Hello"
"Jean I'm surprise to hear from you"
"Can you come over ? It's an emergency. I just need someone to talk to "
"Yeah sure what's your addresses"
" 205 General Road, Apartment 12."