Prologue

Jungkook's POV

"This is all your fault, yours!" Dad growled at mom. "You don't take care of him that's why he's got penalty points," he barked. "He's a disgrace to our family," he said pushing the things from our table. He came to me and fisted my hair and pulled it. I groaned in pain.

"Can't you be like Yeo-Been for once?" he said grabbing my jaws tightly in his grip. I looked at him with fear in my eyes. "I- I'm sorry, Dad. It wasn't my fa- fault. Jong Suk di-" I was interrupted when he harshly slapped me. My face swung to the side and my glasses flew off my face while my tears were continuously streaming down my face.

I fisted my hands trying to endure the pain. He held my collar and punched my face. I fell back to the table due to the impact. My mom standing there watching everything without protesting anything.

He came towards me while I crumbled myself trying to avoid his abuse. He smacked my head hard while I touched the area in pain, my entire body shaking in fear.

"You disappoint me. You can't get top grades but instead, get penalty points. Wow!" he said pointing his finger at me. He stood up and went away. My mom came toward me and knelt in front of me.

"This is why I hate you. You are a disappointment," she said while looking at me while tilting her head. "I'm sorry, m-mom." She chuckled darkly and shook her head. She cupped my cheeks in her hand and I nervously looked into her eyes. "Apology accepted!" she said and pressed the bruise on my cheeks while I screamed in pain.

-----------------------------------------------

I sniffled and fixed my glasses which were sliding down my nose. I ate the bread in my hand while sitting outside at a table in a convenience store. I looked at my phone at the search results of the question I asked.

"How to die without pain?"

I was scrolling through the results when suddenly my phone was taken away from my hand. I looked up and saw them. My bullies. Lee Jong Suk and his gang.

"Look at the rich nerd sitting here eating bread and banana milk. Aww... Such a cute baby. Ule ule ule~" he said nudging my shoulders vigorously. "Get up!" he said.

But I didn't.

He grabbed my collar but suddenly a girl pulled his hand from me and twisted it causing him to groan in pain.

"This doll can fight well," Jong Suk said smirking at her while getting up. "But we are more in number than you, doll. Who will protect you?" he teased her.

"Myself. But the real question is, who will protect you?" that girl said for the first time. I couldn't see her face because she was shielding me but then my attention moved to the two boys running towards her.

One of the guy raised his hand to punch her but she dodged it and he came towards me. My eyes widen in fear but he went back to her. The other guy tried doing the same but she twisted his arm while the first guy came back trying to punch her again.