18: Maleficent: Origin

Y/n' POV

(6 years old)

"But what is my fault?" I asked my stepfather who was hitting me mercilessly. I was crying continuously while screaming. "You have the maturity of kids older than you. You directly got admission in the school before kindergarten and you just left your classes like that?" he said slapping me.

I was sobbing hard. "But I knew the lessons already and there are no friends there!" I said with a cracked voice. "Still you should listen to your dad, Y/n! He's paying for your tuition, unlike your real father who abandoned you when you were in my womb. You're such an ungrateful brat!" mom screamed while pulling my hair.

I grunted in pain, tears flowing down continuously. "I'm sorry. I won't do it again," I sobbed.

---------------------------------

"Kid wants trouble, huh? Just because you are in our class doesn't make you big. You're still tiny. Nobody wants you. Your father, your parents. No one!" my older classmate said.

I was just 6 years old and they were 11 and I was the victim of bullying.

I nervously shook my head. "What are you shaking your head for, huh? Do our homework or else you know very well what will happen," she said shoving 5 notebooks toward me. I nodded my head and they went away.

Hobi Oppa came running to me and picked me up. He hugged me tightly. "Y/n, why didn't you call for me?" he barked. "I just couldn't bother you," I replied. "What kind of a step-brother am I? If I can't protect you?" he said shaking my body.

Exactly! You call yourself my step-brother. Always. Never once was I your own. Always a step-sister. I silently got away from his grip and went toward my class.

(7 years old)

"Appa! Look what I won! You are my lucky charm. I won this because you came to my first Olympiad for the first time!" I exclaimed while showing my trophy to him.

He grinned at me excitedly and patted my head. "Congratulations, Y/n! I also heard that you won prize money! Where is that?" he asked while smiling. I showed him the cheque that I got from the council. He took it and knelt in front of me. "I'll meet you later. Your parents might come anytime. Don't tell them that I came," he said looking into my eyes. "Okay, appa. Shhh!" I said placing my index finger on my lips.

"Who are you? What are you saying to her?" Hae-in Oppa came with Ho-Yeon unnie and Hobi Oppa. "I'm her friend. I'm going now," he said getting up. "Bye appa!" I said waving at him but he didn't turn back.

Ho-Yeon unnie knelt and hugged me tightly. "What did we say to you, Y/n? Don't talk to strangers," she said caressing my back. "But he wasn't a stranger. He was my appa!" I pointed out. "Appa? Anyways! Now let's go and I'll buy you dinner!" Hobi Oppa said.

"Y/n is rich. She won money!" Hae-in Oppa cheered. "Y/n keep the money safe and spend it for yourself in the future if dad refuses to pay for your higher studies!" Hobi Oppa warned me.

"But appa took it with him," I replied while pointing in the direction he just went. "He took it and just left?" Ho-Yeon unnie screamed. I nodded and they looked at each other alarmingly. "Alright, alright! Let's get dinner!" Hobi Oppa clapped his hands with a nervous laughter.

But I could feel the sympathy for me behind those forced expressions.

(11 years old)

"If you or her, any of you disappoint me in this party then I'll make sure to teach you both a lesson," dad barked at Hobi Oppa before getting out of the car.

"And the lesson will be physical abuse. Diploma achieved," I scoffed sarcastically and Hobi Oppa smiled at me. We got down and followed dad to the party. Hobi Oppa stuck with me throughout the party and I had a straight face all the time. Dad called for us and we went toward him.

"These are my kids. This is Hoseok and this is Y/n. This is Uncle Jeon and Aunt Jeon," he introduced us to the couple standing in front of us. "Hello, uncle Jeon. Hello Aunt Jeon," Hobi Oppa and I bowed to him. "Hello," I said shortly.

"Ah, they are so sweet. Let me call Yeo-Been and Jungkook," he signaled someone and a young lady appeared with a boy. They bowed at my dad when their father introduced, "This is Yeo-Been and this is Jungkook. Kids these are the children of Uncle Jung. This is Hoseok and this is Y/n."

We bowed at each other but I found that the boy had his head hung down all along. He was wearing glasses and was standing coyly. He didn't spare a glance at us and had his hands in front of him all the time. Their parents and our dad chatted for some time while we were standing silently.

I was secretly observing the boy in front of me. Probably a few years older than me but younger than Hobi Oppa. He had a bruise on his hand which either means that he is a troublemaker or a victim of abuse. Judging the way he places his hands and his legs keep shaking makes me wonder if he's a trouble maker because these are more likely the signs of a victim.

"I feel so sorry that I couldn't see Mrs. Jung tonight but I'll make sure to pay her a visit sometime," Mrs. Jeon said. I saw Jungkook looking up at his mother.

I squinted my eyes and noticed the slight cut on his lips. He was punched or slapped. He is being abused. I'm sure of it. We bowed at each other and left for our ways.

---------------------------------------------

I don't think this is called stalking but I have been seeing Jungkook a lot these days while I am out. I sometimes encounter him at the park studying all alone on a bench, sometimes I see him getting out of the same tutoring institute as mine, sometimes sitting on a table in front of a convenience store and eating bread, ramen, or something else, returning to his home which is a few houses away from ours.

He didn't notice me for once but I always secretly observed him. Something about him intrigued me. I swear I didn't intend on following him but I encounter him unintentionally at random places when I return from school or somewhere else.

He always stays all alone. Acts like a crystal ball that might break if touched. I also notice some bruises on his face often. I never heard him talking to anyone making me wonder if he is dumb.

But this guy is interesting.

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

A/n: Plot twist? Do you like that? I know you do

Drop a vote on this chapter and comment something maybe. Bye~