17: I give up

I opened the door and saw a guy sitting in front of Y/n's desk with his legs crossed. Y/n was giving him an intimidating glare and then turned to me. I went to her desk and stood by her seat. I looked at her and she returned the gaze.

"Mr. Jeon, meet Mr. Choi Beomgyu, the heir of the Maple Enterprises. He has been appointed as the replacement of our previous COO, Mr. Jung Kyung Ho. He will work-"

"Yes, I will be working here really well President," Beomgyu smirked.

Y/n slammed her fist into the table and I flinched due to the impact. "Listen here carefully, Mr. Choi. If you try flirting here with any female staff and especially me then I'll make sure you don't have that perverted brain in your skull anymore," she barked at him.

"Well, I'm all yours so I don't mind giving my dirty brain to you as well, President!" Beomgyu said. Y/n was gritting her teeth and I was clenching my jaw. Who the hell does he think he is?

"Mr. Choi, please restrict yourself from flirting here," I said giving him a nasty glare. "How can I when such a beautiful young girl is sitting in front of me?" he said motioning his hands towards Y/n.

Okay, that's it! Times up! I went to him, grabbed him by the collars, and dragged him out of the room. "You're done. We can work without a COO here as we have till now. Thanks for your visit. Kindly leave the premises," I calmly said to him while dragging.

He pulled out from my grip and fixed his coat. "And who the hell are you? Her bodyguard?" I looked at Y/n. "I- I'm....."

"The CLO of Samsung Technology, Jeon Jungkook," Y/n said getting up from her seat holding the rim of her table.

I felt disappointed by her remark. I'm not even a friend to her. She is always like this in our relationship. I'm always a worker.

"Am I just your worker?" I asked her. She locked her gaze with mine. "Will I just be your employee? Your lawyer?" I asked her sternly. She tilted her head and frowned her brows.

"I'm done with this, Y/n! I'm so done. I give up. I can't carry this on anymore. It's hurting me," I said. She was looking at me blankly. "Did I ask you to start this anyway?" she coldly asked. My heart shattered into pieces.

She's right. It is always just me. I'm the only one who's trying hard. I'm the one who started it so let me end it today as well.

"You're right. You never asked me to start. I was the only one trying for this. Don't worry, I won't bother you anymore. I'm taking my leave," I said to her before leaving her cabin.

-------------------------------------------

"But I can't leave her, Namjoon!!!" I bawled while sitting in the cafe with an uninterested Namjoon and Taehyung in front of me. "Then why are you leaving her?" Namjoon asked. "Because I- because..... I don't have think," I sighed.

He sighed as well. "That's why I prefer being single. It's hassle-free and has no stress. Plus I get to eat all the slices of pizza by myself," Taehyung mumbled. I bawled again. "Let me get you banana milk. You might feel better," Namjoon said getting up.

"Jungkook? What are you doing here?" I heard Jin coming toward us. "Why is this overgrown bunny crying in the middle of the cafe?" Yoongi said, coming to us. "Love issues!" Taehyung replied shortly.

"Jungkook is having love issues? Why?" Jin asked. "Y/n is cold so he decided to give up on her," Namjoon said returning with banana milk in his hands. I took it from him and started drinking it with the straw.

Jin and Yoongi looked at each other. "Oh, he's giving up," both of them said smiling together. "HE'S GIVING UP???!!!!!" both of them yelled together again with wide eyes looking at me.

Jin came up to me and grabbed my collar. "You're doing what?" he barked. Yoongi shoved him away and held my collar, "You're giving up on her?"

Jin shoved him away and held my collars again, "How dare you decide to hurt my baby?" Yoongi shoved him again and held me, "I gave up on her because of you and now you're giving up on her?"

Jin shoved him away and shook my body, "Do you know how much she suffered because of you?" I frowned. Yoongi grabbed my collar, "Do you know for how many years she has been doing countless things for you?"

I knitted my brows together. I got off from their grip and placed the banana milk on the table.

Namjoon and Taehyung were looking at us in horror. I looked at them. "Suffered because of me? Doing countless things for me? What do you mean?" I asked them. Both of them looked at each other and sighed.

"Guess we should let him know," Jin said to Yoongi. He nodded in return. "You say!" Jin said. "Why would I?" Yoongi retorted. "Because you knew it before me!" Jin argued.

I groaned at them and spat in rage. "Just spill the fuck already!!!!" Jin came and smacked my head. I glared at him while pouting. "You don't curse at me!" Jin snarled at me while I sulked. "Yoongi, spill. You know it better!" Jin said.

Yoongi came to me and spoke, "Do you think that when she returned from Australia and met you that was the first time she saw you?" I shook my head. "No! We met each other once. Just the night before she left for Australia," I explained.

They looked at each other and started laughing. "He knows nothing!" Jin said while chuckling. "What should I know?" I asked them.

Yoongi came to me and held my shoulders. He locked his gaze with mine and said something which shook my entire soul,

"She knows you for 9 years now. She knew you ever since she was 11."

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

A/n: The shock of the century. Did you expect this?

Get your popcorn ready because we get to see some Flashbacks from Y/n's POV in the next chapter.

Drop a vote on this chapter, tho.

Please~